Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

hey guys, I am am a gir/woman from Sweden.. The Runaways is my childhood and I still am a mad fan of theirs! One question though, I have tried to view videoclips of the Runaways on this website but haven?t been successful so far. I guess that this is old news but have a look at http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ways+joan+jett
    and u will be shown some nice pics. Maybe I am silly but can?t u get them on this website to download? They weren?t easy to find. love K

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

A girlwomen eh? [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] That's cool! [img]cool.gif[/img]

From what I've heard, you can watch videos on YOU TUBE but you can not copy (download) them.

Probably set up that way to protect copyrights.

Not sure though.....
    Since I use dial up I am unable to enjoy the videos so I haven't actually looked into it myself.

More later,
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as I know there aren't any video clips of the band on http://www.TheRunaways.com.

I'm hoping some day there will be a DVD release of live performances and TV appearances by the band.

Until then, it looks like fans are taking matters into their own hands and posting footage on YouTube, but I don't think many of them are following the rules.

C. In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein;
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">http://youtube.com/t/terms

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ September 02, 2006 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Wasted ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks like fans are taking matters into their own hands and posting footage on YouTube, but I don't think many of them are following the rules."
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">I know you're not talking about me... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

So Goggle now owns YouTube! I saw a spokesman on Cspan saying they will insist on enforcement of the rules, so I guess YouTube is about to change drastically!

Watch 'em while you can folks!
    GD

Inactive Member bobbiculvercity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to let you all know a super fine friend and associate of Sandy's has put up some awesome videos of Sandy playing her hit songs, ofcourse among those are Wild Thing and trust me you surely won't be dissapointed the chance to hear that oh so sweet voice is a true gift to us all, he did it in her honour, what an awesome tribute, it is on You Tube do check it out, sorry I am still like you all and in a super state of shock, sorry I am not better with my info, enjoy her beautiful voice while we can!
    God Bless!
    Bobbixo

Inactive Member bobbiculvercity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seem to be appologizing alot these days, sorry but I forgot to mention, Paul did follow the rules as the footage he has done is all his own, he infact owned the studio where they were originally recorded if you haven't seen them, he has a post here with a direct link, I am not too good with computers, sorry I can't be more help, this tribute to her is so beautiful, I hope everyone does get to see it! I feel we can all try to take alittle comfort in knowing how very much she was loved,how many lives she touched, and now she is still very much alive in our hearts and memories through her beautiful music, we all have a beautiful Angel watching over us and we just have to wait till He call us Home and we will meet again, miss you Sandy, I know Heaven is listening to the best drummer ever!!

Love You Sandy,
    Bobbi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Here is a direct link to that awesome tribute!

YouTube - SANDY WEST "Wild Thing" last message from a great Friend

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by gus danger:
    So Google now owns YouTube! I saw a spokesman on Cspan saying they will insist on enforcement of the rules, so I guess YouTube is about to change drastically!

Watch 'em while you can folks!
    GD
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">TODAY IS THE DAY!

It looks like Google took the reins over at YouTube. Bootleg videos are being removed!

The Sandy West videos, ARE intact but some of the Runaways videos are now gone! Let's see how long the rest of them last.

Back to the drawing board, eh?!?!
    Gus

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ November 01, 2006 12:38 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Guys, Youtube will not be removing My Videos as I am the owner of the tape, so Z will try and bring more as I can,
    I know Sandy did not Like bootlegs, and the Same with Joan and the others,
    I am sure many copyrighted videos will be removed,
    Thanks again
    Paul Hone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast