Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The song is "its alright" not "thats alright"; its one of the new songs they debuted on the 3rd round of the tour. I don't have a copy, but it has a line in it that goes something like this "we did it in the bathroom, we did it in the hall, I got some on my fingers, I wiped it on the wall, but its alright" Seriously...those were the lyrics the last time I heard them play live. Also, I've never heard SocialD play any songs from the Mike Ness solo albums, so its probably not "don't think twice, its alright"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">posted May 18, 2005 01:55 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike always changes the lyrics on That's Alright. For example, the version I heard from when they played in St. Pete, says "I don't know but I've been told, Florida girls sure are cold, but that's alright".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 20 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2004 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

YEAH, THAT ALSO TRUE. HE DOES THAT TO ACCOMMODATE THE PEOPLE TO WHOM HE PLAYING TO. FOR EXAMPLE, HE WAS IN FLORIDA. HENCE THE CHANGE IN LYRICS. BUT I NOTICE AGAIN A FEW CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE ORIGINAL. BUT KINDA STILL THE SAME STYLE OF BLUE SONG, THE SAME CHORD BUT,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL IF THEY ADDED HARP TO IT. THAT WOULD REALLY HAVE KICKED ASS.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sandrenash....agree- never have heard any of the solo stuff @ the sd shows. I did hear the song
    at the starland ballroom which was round 2 around these parts....so you say it's a new song then..
    It's not "don't think twice" for sure.
    babyblue71......take some meds brother...way too thought out, write a psychology book

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BLACKKAT:
    sandrenash....agree- never have heard any of the solo stuff @ the sd shows. I did hear the song
    at the starland ballroom which was round 2 around these parts....so you say it's a new song then..
    It's not "don't think twice" for sure.
    babyblue71......take some meds brother...way too thought out, write a psychology book
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">This is the way I write. You don't like it, too bad. Could you have just simply said "No, I am referring to something else" instead of being a complete asshole and insulting me? I thought that was the song you were referring to. Meds, haha. I would really be something if I needed them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MEDS...I do need them, but don't take them
    do you want to be my friend or am I going to have
    to light you up with a short right hand?
    babyblue71......car ??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BLACKKAT:
    MEDS...I do need them, but don't take them
    do you want to be my friend or am I going to have
    to light you up with a short right hand?
    babyblue71......car ??
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Ok, pal. I'll give you a disgruntled kiss on the cheek with a pouty lower lip.

My car is dark blue actually. The babylue thing is from way back in the early 80's. It's kinda stupid actually. My friend helped me dye my hair blue because we were going to a show, and my hair is naturally blonde, but it was like white-blonde back then. Anyway, the dye did not take very well, and it turned out babyblue. I went to a Circle Jerks show looking like an easter egg.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 18, 2005 03:03 PM: Message edited by: babyblue71 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sandrenash:
    The song is "its alright" not "thats alright"; its one of the new songs they debuted on the 3rd round of the tour. I don't have a copy, but it has a line in it that goes something like this "we did it in the bathroom, we did it in the hall, I got some on my fingers, I wiped it on the wall, but its alright" Seriously...those were the lyrics the last time I heard them play live. Also, I've never heard SocialD play any songs from the Mike Ness solo albums, so its probably not "don't think twice, its alright"
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I heard this one with those same lyrics here in Virginia back in Feb. If anyone has a copy I would love it, I've been trying to find out what it was ever since. Contact me at [email protected] Wow! I have been waiting for someone to mention this song. By the way I'm somewhat new here, mostly I just read and rarely post...been a SD fan for about 13 years now! Love this site!!! Check it every morning for new posts. Thanks to everyone!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A while back, someone posted a link to the entire St. Pete's show, including this song. I downloaded it and burned it to a cd, which I don't have with me right now (I'm at work)...it may still be available, I don't know.

I also have another version of the song on a bootleg of the House of Blues show 1/11/04, which I do have with me. If someone will tell me how to make it available, I'd be happy to do so, as long as it wouldn't take me too long. I do have to at least pretend like I'm working!

The sound quality's not the best on either of them, but you can at least get the general idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joan Jett is cool

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They played it early in the tour in Seattle. Cool song. Definitley a live tune though, dont think it belongs on a studio recording.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast