Thread: Anyone going to The Cadillac Tramps tonight @ HOB Aneheim?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just wondering who is taking place of mad dog.R.I.P. I heard Johnny two bags might fill in, but i don't know. Any word?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mad Dog quit the Tramps a couple years ago, they replaced him with Matt Beld from Los Infernos.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AH SOH! THATS RIGHT. BACK WHEN THEY HAD THEIR RECORD RELEASE PARTY FOR THEIR LIVE ALBUM, AT THE KEY CLUB, I THINK THAT WAS MAD DOG'S LAST SHOW. BUT ANY WAY, JOHNNY TWO BAGGS WAS THERE TO PLAY A COUPLE SONGS. SO THAT WAS COOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mad Dog played a bunch of shows after the Live album was released. It was released in 2000. It must have been 2002 when Mad Dog quit. I believe his last show was a benefit in Costa Mesa for AA. I go to almost all of their shows, especially when they are in OC/ Long Beach. The only reason I didnt make this one is because I was in Vegas baby!
    I like it when Johnny shows up and plays a few songs. I wish I was there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way bombsaway, Cadillac Tramps are playing Huntington Beach April 16th with Boobie Trap. I think its at Gallaghers or Fitzgeralds. I'll post it when I find out the location.
    ...maybe Jonny will show up again, that would be awesome! [img]wink.gif[/img]

L U D E B O Y

So what happened at the show? Did Two-Baggs play Cadillac Hearse like hes has before? Mad dog was amazing on guitar. I just wish the Tramps would have spent a little more time in the studio. Over the last,,,,,how many years have the written a new song? "Everybody" was the only "new" one they have came out with in a long time. Seems to be a waist of unlimited talent in that band [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Erica, you always go to there shows huh? Shieeeet I've probably bounced into you at one of those shows. One of my favorite bands. Fitzgeralds is gonna kick ass, Wish I could roll but ill be in Frisco....

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 31, 2005 03:42 AM: Message edited by: L U D E B O Y ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah, I'm sure I've bumped into you at their shows, and probably some other good punk rock shows as well.
    If memory serves me they have had a couple new songs that they were starting to work on, but I doubt they will be releasing anything anytime soon. They only practice right before their gigs. Gabby has 3 other bands. His newest project Drive By Smile has been put on hold for about a year now. He was writing alot of stuff prior to starting that up. He's been super busy getting a life though. I dont know how he finds time for all of his bands.
    Manic is playing the Galaxy for Cinco De Mayo again too...that'll be a blast!
    Flock of GooGoo and the Johns this Saturday at the Dollhut too. Have you seen Flock of GooGoo? Gabby, Steve Soto, Greg Antista, and Dan Root. Its a great show!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way, Ludeboy you havent responded to my PM. Please check out that Chain Reaction video. I'm almost positive that is the night they pull my son up on the stage. I would LOVE to have a copy of it. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

L U D E B O Y

I can hook you up with the video, thats no problem. What happened with your son exactly during the show?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spanky, Brian, and Warren all have boys. My son knows the Tramps guys, so its not like he was a stranger to them. Gabby had played menacingly with my son for years before that. He was just messing around with him. I dont know, it happened so fast. Next thing you know he was on stage and Gabby was holding him up in the air. I guess he had stage fright and felt completely powerless in this big guys arms. He was horrified and pissed off at me for letting it happen. His whole attitude has changed drastically about going to shows since. I still take him to shows every once in a while, but he doesnt get excited about it like he used to. Now he's always on guard, and he hates getting any attention.