Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For years Ive looked for ways to do my hair like i really want to but natural genetics prevent that. I have thick, wavey hair and I usually have always kept it very short because it was the only way to easily manage. Im looking for a product that would allow me to either pomp or slick it back but nothing seems to work quite right. Over the past few years I have tried all sorts of gels, sprays, and pomade. Pomade has always worked best, but i notice different brands perform differently and with my thick wavey hair, nothing holds. does anybody have any ideas. maybe some sort of additive, home remedy, or secret.

Maybe i have always done it wrong. I apply pomade to my dry hair and work it in with my fingers and then comb it back. at first, it looks great but within minutes my waves and curls take over and its impossible to style like i want.

IM sure one of you greasers out there can help me with this. thanks.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ April 19, 2005 01:57 AM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

Inactive Member GretschyGreaser1979's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forget the pomp! People seem to associate greasy pomps with the creepy uncle in their family that touched them "wrong" The real world just doesnt understand the pomp and hot rockabilly chicks only want a PERFECT pomp so be careful. Orcabetties however dont care and are just happy to be with anybody that will accept them and their blown out saddle shoes that look like pancakes under their fat little stubby feet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i already have a woman by my side who loves me, i just want a way to do my hair like i want and until i find a brand of pomade that works well with my hair type I cant do this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pomade leaves grease stains on pillows, furniture, walls, etc..

Get some good gel, pull the sides back tight, let the top go loose. Work with what you got.

Check out Jerry Lee Lewis or Joe strummer- both have wavy unruley hair.

joe strummer sized

Sides are back, top is free, like young brian setzer over here:

stray20cats

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

use Murray's pomade it's the best

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that you should follow Shelleys advice, she has the right idea. Do you know how nasty those pillow cases can look?? [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
    If you do decide to "go greasy", sleep with a beanie on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    glue

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like that photo of Strummer! I'm trying to grow my hair long enough to quiff it ATM. I asked one of my friends at work who has a lot of Elvis loving friends and she took one look at my hair and said "Sorry hon, not long enough". My problem is my hair tends to grow out rather than straight down! Getting it cut this weekend and am trying a new wax to see if i can give it some height!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    For years Ive looked for ways to do my hair like i really want to but natural genetics prevent that. I have thick, wavey hair and I usually have always kept it very short because it was the only way to easily manage. Im looking for a product that would allow me to either pomp or slick it back but nothing seems to work quite right. Over the past few years I have tried all sorts of gels, sprays, and pomade. Pomade has always worked best, but i notice different brands perform differently and with my thick wavey hair, nothing holds. does anybody have any ideas. maybe some sort of additive, home remedy, or secret.

Maybe i have always done it wrong. I apply pomade to my dry hair and work it in with my fingers and then comb it back. at first, it looks great but within minutes my waves and curls take over and its impossible to style like i want.

IM sure one of you greasers out there can help me with this. thanks.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ April 19, 2005 01:57 AM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">try a flat iron, to straighten your hair. If pomade aint doin' the trick for you. There is a hair product called concrete. It'll hold anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sympathize with you...I have a naturally curly corkscrew afro. I carry it like a scarlet letter, it sucks so bad. What I do to straighten my hair is I pull it back or wrap it when it is wet and let it air dry. This gets alot of the weight out of it. Then, when its like 90% dry, run pomade or wax through it, then blow dry the rest into the shape you want. Finish your style with the flat-iron...Its like a two-hour process, but have you ever seen a punk chick with curly locks? On bad days, I just brush through it and do a little Bride of Frankenstein impersonation.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast