Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was alot of commotion on the board a while back that eventually lead many people to stop posting on here.
    The drama happened to come from a certain group of guys that were pissed at Mike for making announcements for the album coming soon, but not following thru for so many years. There was a handful of people on the board that knew that his health was part of the problem, but we didnt say anything due to respecting his privacy.
    As far as Hep C goes, I know quite a few people that have it. Its a shitty disease, but Mike will be just fine. He's a vegetarian and I've heard that he practices yoga. I would bet that he's found other holistic healing tecniques that work for him as well.
    Look how much he kicks ass, he's not going to let Hep C stop him from living a full prosperous life. Theres times when he is going to get sick, and he will need to take a break. The last thing he deserves is people talking shit. He gives so much to his fans. Touring is exhausting, its very hard out there on the road, especially when you have loved ones at home that you miss every day. We have no right to expect anything from him.
    Little Devil Girl, its nice to hear from you. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    To all you people that talked shit, you've been clowned once again. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Midwest Sick Boy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that really sucks. Sorry Punk Drummer, I didn't mean any disrespect, I just didn't want to believe something like that. I hope things are going well for Mike and his family.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by babyblue71:
    I had heard the same thing a long while back from someone who knows people in his inner circle. I was whining about waiting for a new album to come out, and this person said Mike was going through interferon therapy and if I knew anything about what that does to someone mentally and physically, I should stop whining and wait patiently. Believe me, that shut me up right there.

I don't know Mike or his family personally, but I think this is something serious for them to deal with and they deserve their privacy and our respect as fans. To be completely honest, I was hoping that the info this person gave me was false. Either way, may Mike live a long and happy life, and keep playing great music we all know and love. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Well said Babyblue.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what I understand, HEP C is a vicious disease, so of course I join everyone in wishing Mike all the best. But if his live performance(Allentown show, anyone?) is any indication of his overall health, I think we can all rest assured that he's doing fine. One thing I found strange is that while waiting for an autograph after the show, the bouncers said he wouldn't sign anything if you had a cigarette lit. Any ideas what that's about?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those of you that know me, know I love Social D as much as the rest of you. But I have to say this is none of my fuckin business.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a very close friend who has Hep C and I have seen what they go through first hand. As long as Mike takes care of himself there is no reason he shouldnt live a long and healthy life.

Inactive Member Little Devil Girl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Erica, you gorgeous stranger. I need to give you a call soon and let you know what's new on my end. I almosy didn't make the post cause I wasn't sure if I was violating privacy or just flat out should have kept it to myself, but seeing how so many people just flipped out, I felt it needed to be said. Either way.. thanks for backin me up, Erica. I'll talk to you soon.
    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Inactive Member GretschyGreaser1979's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In that last AP interview the interviewer described him talking about eating Tuna?? Is he a vegetarian or is he into only certain kinds of meats and proteins that he can digest alittle better or something.

Inactive Member GretschyGreaser1979's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was important to me because I workout and always am interested in what people with certain conditions eat and how they digest protein. I have friends who want to get into bodybuilding but only want to do so on a vegetarian diet so they have a hard time finding supplements etc.. so i was just wondering what he eats to keep that is easy on him and what proteins he likes in order to maintain muscle mass. I am not familiar with hepatitis C and was just wondering if it affects ones ability to digest red meat or if it is all meat etc... sorry to ask jeeze

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 17, 2005 04:24 AM: Message edited by: GretschyGreaser1979 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Little Devil Girl:
    Calm down with the attacks here. Yes, Mike does have Hep C. He takes medications for it and for the most part, has it under control. His liver isn't the best, but that's what you get when your history matches his (drinking, drugs, sex). This isn't bullshit, or any attempt to ruffle feathers. Ever notice Mike looks thinner at some shows and a little chubbier at others? It's the medication. When they played the KROQ punk rock thing, Sept. 2002, Mike looked horrible. His medication basically made his hair fall out and gain a few lbs. But he bounced back, his hair grew back, and I'd say he's doing ok. Hell, by Jan. 2003 he was back to looking great. I know all this, because I have friends that are also friends of Mike's (I think most of you are too new to even know who I am, regardless, I know my shit). Call it bullshit if you want, but either way, don't get all freaked out because of this. He's a tough son of a bitch, and he's had it for a while, so he'll be ok, kids.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I read in the AP interview he did a while ago that when he jumped that guy who gave him a hard time about Bush that he was on liver medication bt I didnt know he had hep c! But people can live with it and actually keep it controlled with medication and he is healthy so...

It is shitty and it can be extra hard if you are in the public eye and have a lot of people around you who respect and look up to you...

I guess all you can really do is think of Mike in your prayers if you are religious. I'm sort of turning back that way now cos one of my dearets friends is VERY sick and quite frankly I'm scared shitless!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast