Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool! It sounds like you definately are too!
    Cheers to good parents! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww Erica, you are the sweetest! I became a hypnotherapist way before my autoimmune disorder. Thanks to knowing how to work with mind and body, I was able to apply it to myself. There is some evidence that your beliefs (your perception of life) can alter your DNA. So I worked off of those premises and thanks to God I'm pretty much over it. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] Thanks for asking.

MommaKind: Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it sometime. At this point I'm not into cooking much, so I'm doing lots of juicing, bought a case of avocados, and living on basmati rice, legumes, salads, juices, smoothies, and occasionally fish, tuna and sardines. I feel better than ever! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, I totally respect people who are vegetarians and who eat healthy and take care of themselves. For me, the hardest part would be giving up a nice juicy steak once in a while.

Kematter

I think it's great that you got a lot of good information from that deal, but i think his science is off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I guess thats why I usally have a "shit eatin' grin" every time I have my filet mignon huh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I may have way-oversimplified it, but from what I've been reading, it's the bottom (no pun intended)line.

"...In addtion, do you know what gives meat its taste? Uric acid, from that now dead animal you're consuming. If you doubt this, try eating kosher-style meat before it's spiced. As the blood is drained out, so is most of the taste. Meat without uric acid has no flavor. Is that what you want to put in your body, the acid normally eliminated in the urine of an animal?"

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 26, 2005 07:31 PM: Message edited by: ...My Car ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Cheers to good parents! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

re: animal cruelty - I personally don't decline meat on that basis, though I am definitely horrified by our butchering methods. Like I said, I decided to go vegetarian after listening to Tony Robbins, who is an outstanding example of walking the talk. Anyway, he asked us a couple of questions that altered my thinking about meat, especially red meat. (Yes, you can say it was my Shallow Hal moment with him!)
    1) Do you know where meat gets it's FLAVOR? Uric Acid, which is basically Urine. Urine-flavored anything does NOT appeal to me. Turn off number one. (I actually had some prime rib for Mother's Day and every bite stung my tongue with it's urine juices...yuck. After about five choking bites I ended up giving it to my brother to finish off.)

2) Do you know what tenderizes meat? After an animal dies, its colon bursts open and all fecal bacteria is released into the system to start the decaying process. It's a natural process, breaking down the flesh to eventual nothingness. That is unless you eat it rather than bury it. So basically, eating animal flesh is like eating piss and shit, as Tony emphasizes.

So, that's why I am no longer turned on by a big, juicy steak or hamburger. There are other reasons why it's good for me to not eat flesh, but those Tony Robbins shared with us are why it's easy for me to abide. [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by geekgirlxx:
    [QB]Mike eats lots of fish, he loves tuna.

MMMMMMM T U N A

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't believe everything I hear and read.
    It's absolutely amazing that the human race has survived for thousands of years while eating meat.
    I wonder why that is?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    Man, I totally respect people who are vegetarians and who eat healthy and take care of themselves. For me, the hardest part would be giving up a nice juicy steak once in a while.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I hear ya loud and clear on that one mate!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast