Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote]Originally posted by sickgirl62:
    Originally posted by geekgirlxx:
    [QB]Mike eats lots of fish, he loves tuna.

MMMMMMM T U N A

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Thats right! Mmmmmmmmmmm tuna indeed! in fact any kind of fish! Its one of my favorite things period...

On the animal cruelty thing...I have seen slaughterhose footage and it is off putting. Without disrespecting anyone elses views I think the worst thing about it is the inhumanity behind it. I mean the beatings to the point where they are incapactitated is just horrible...there is an argument that "the gun" used is more "humane" but apparently it is too costly....it really doesn't make any sense to me. I actually feel really hypocritical by eating meat these days but am too afraid to stop cos its supposed to be good for me... but I guess I wear a leather jacket as well and we all know where leather comes from....

I think its true what they say "if we all had to actually prepare our own meat we'd ALL be vegetarians!"

The fur trade is MUCH MUCH WORSE but... I saw the mass slaughter of seals in Alaska in one of our papers here and just that photo of all the seals clumped together and a pool of frozen blood that seemed to go on forever! And then there was another blurred picture of a baby seal looking up at this guy with a stick just as it was about to get clobbered. Extremely sad!

Those are my thoughts...sorry if I offended anyone. Feel free to poke holes in my words as you see fit...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I tried to stay out of it but...
    People that are "vegetarians" but eat fish ARE FUCKING HYPOCRITES. People that are vegetarians because of animal cruelty that eat fish are idiots. If given the choice of being herded into a room and clubbed over the head versus hooked in the mouth and dragged for miles upon agonizing miles which would you choose as your death? Neither is pretty or fun. I don't care what you choose to eat or not eat. I don't preach about what I eat (or don't) but to condemn meat out of hand without recognizing or accepting the faults in the argument is silly. By the way, how can you call yourself a vegetarian and eat fish? Fire away, I'm sure all you fish eating "vegetarians" are going to have a field day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the real solution is just to eat kosher meat, all the animals are killed humanely etc.

"the animal must have been slaughtered with a skillful stroke by a specially trained Jew; the meat must be carefully inspected, and, unless cooked by broiling, it must be salted and soaked to remove all traces of blood. Kosher fishes are those that have scales and fins. The rules that apply to the slaughter and preparation of animals are the same as those for the slaughter of fowl."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ScottMoore, I totally agree with you! I don't think these people who are claiming to be vegetarians (but love fish, and, oh, take a couple bites of meat on Mothers Day or whatever) realize that to actually be vegetarians, they can't eat anything with blood in its vains. I agree with you...HYPOCRITES!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Erica S:
    [QB]I was a strict vegetarian from 16 to 21, then I started eating seafood, and eventually poultry. I still love eating fake meat, and preparing meals with it. /QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">
    Originally posted by Erica S:
    [QB]Well my sisters and I quit eating meat due to animal cruelty. I boycotted everything and read labels on everything in those days.
    I eventually decided to eat seafood, then poultry to make my life easier, but I never had the urge to have red meat, pork, etc. I do think that these days it would be alot easier to be a vegetarian than ever, and I have considered going back to that lifestyle.B]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">If either of you are calling me a hypocrite, you can kiss my ass!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ya know whatever tastes good eat it! Damn you only live once! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] There's just soooo many opinions on food, what to eat, what not to eat and ya know who's really right anyways? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Read all the posts before you get defensive on something, I know its hard to believe, but not everything is about you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This may help to clear things up. There are several different variations of the vegetarian diet. Strict vegetarians, called vegans, eat no animal products at all. The staples of their diets are fruits, vegetables, legumes (beans and peas), grains, seeds, and nuts. Lacto-vegetarians eat dairy products in addition to plant foods. Lacto-ovo vegetarians include dairy products and eggs as well as plant foods in their diets.

People who eat animal flesh (meat, fish, chicken) are not considered to be vegetarians. However, as the health benefits of a vegetarian diet become more widely known, many people reduce or eliminate animal products. For example, they may eat fish and chicken but no red meat, or they may eat meat in small portions only a few times a week. These people can most accurately be described as following a semi-vegetarian diet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Time to stop your quarrels - all you wanted to know in new number of helpfull magazine!!!
    Be hurry - limited quantity!

">

http://foto.rambler.ru/users/ovmadtwins/1/5/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think slaughtering animals is hideous across the board but it will not prevent me from eating meat. Humans are at the top of the food chain and its no different than watching lions take down a gazzelle on the discovery channel while its screaming for its life. Death is just plain and simple an unpleasant topic. For those who eat fowl, what do you think happens? Chickens are raised thousands at a time all couped up in metal cages and when its time for the slaughter, their heads are lobbed off with thick scizzers or butcher knives like an assembly line. the main problem i have is that strict Vegans who dont eat any animal product due to allegations of animal crualty think of all animals as they do their family pet. Some animals are strictly born, raised, and slaughtered solely for the purpose of being someones meal. That will never go away. I lived in the pittsburgh area for nearly 2 years and hunting and fishing is a way of life out there. I was invited several times to try it out and i wont. A steak dinner is so much more appealing all nicely prepaired. That way I dont have to witness the horror of how it got there.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast