Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was surprized when I saw this on www.sfstation.com. It's a local what's going on site, that normally has endless DJ nite listings and little else. Not much new here, but thought I'd share anyway. Britt, should we stake out the Alameda Swap Meet for a Mike Ness sighting? JK! [img]wink.gif[/img]

http://sfstation.com/mike-ness-of-so...stortion-a3301

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice little interview. I saw it Friday at work, but couldn't post it here, then forget about it on the weekend....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The alameda swap meet is a great little place to go. i found some traditional wire looms for my truck there, and some rear tail-lights last summer. i grew up about 5 miles away or so. since 2000 or so, whenever social d is in the bay area, i'm in orange county. and vice versa. i missed 10+ shows by a day or 2. anyways...back to the swap meet. i was talkin to my dad about it today (b/c he's a regular there) and he said they haven't had it for a while, and that the website is down. he's going to email me the link and i'll post it here when i get it. also, there's a small little car show in alameda near the harbor bay shopping center (near safeway) on tuesdays (?), starts around 5:00 or so. if i remember correctly, the swap meet is at the old navy base (there's a skateboard park thats pretty fun too, for any skaters on here), and the matrix sequels were filmed there also. good place for fireworks on new years...atleast that's what we did in HS! haha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

p.s. alameda is pretty easy to get to. it's a small little island and sits within view of the oakland colliseum (raiders, warriors, A's) and the oakland airport. for you football fans, you can watch the oakland raiders train nearby (in alameda) close to the golf course.

if i remember correctly, its about $5 or $6 to get in. also, b/c it's right on the water, dress accordingly as it can get cool in the mornings before the fog lifts.

from SF, go across the bridge into emeryville/ oakland, and then take 880 south. there are a few small bridges/ streets that will take you over into alameda (no tolls). keep goin south on to 880 and you'll make your way into San Leandro... where i used to roam.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice.
    That was a good interview!! A lot of the times you hear Mike say the same stuff over and over but that was refreshimg...

Where is Alameda?? Is he indicating that he will be there whe they play BFD?? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 04, 2007 12:22 AM: Message edited by: pretty_in_punk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alameda is just across the bay bridge in the east bay. There's a swap meet on Sundays in the Laney College parking lot. I think that's what he's talking about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hotrodder your right, I just asked my co-worker that lives in Alameda and frequents flea markets/swap meets and she said the one at the Naval Base is really good. Unfortunately, it is only the first Sunday of the Month, so there won't be another untill July 1st. Mike will have to schedule a show that weekend too if he wants to go.

I think I will check it out! Thanks for the info.

Thy_Will_Not_Mine

That was a good interview. I really liked this statement:

"I would have to say right now is a high point. Honestly, I feel that it is a phenomenon that we are more popular now than when we were on a major label and we had rotation on MTV. We have momentum now and a lineup that is incredible."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, thywillnotmine- that is a great line! I love how he says that the lineup is incredible!