Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: far behind

Thy_Will_Not_Mine

The solos in Far Behind have an I Can't Run No More vibe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glenn,

Bro...the first lead is not classic SD. Its garbage.....second... Mike is playing the last lead....you can just tell by the scale he plays. Very simple, but unmistakenly Mike Ness.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glenn.. This song was done for shure by Ness and Jonny. I don't care about the style, some parts are social d, some are not. But I've problems with the new happy mood. I still remember the good old days with the Ness Roxy classic: 'we don't play happy songs' All old social d songs contain this "under my thumb/paint it black" mood.
    A simple 'fxck off' does not need the 'Nah nah nah' style. If they are trying to be catchy like green day or sum41, they leave the line..
    That's what I think.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 25, 2007 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Rock'n'Roll Outlaw ]</font>

Thy_Will_Not_Mine

Remember everyone, this song is intended to be a marketing device...it's the only new song on their greatest hits. I believe the new studio album will be their moment to shine with the likes of Diamond In The Rough and Bakersfield. So if you love this song, hate it, think it's just mediocre, whatever, just remember its clean, poppy, radio friendly sound is just bait for record sales.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Raptorchild - The last guitar lead is performed by "TwoBags" - watch the video from the KROQ performance and you will notice "TwoBags" is not singing back-up vocals with Ness and Harding BECAUSE he is busying leading.... BTY how do ya'll like Brent Harding's little cool bass line in the middle of the song? They haven't done something like that since "Bad Luck."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123