Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gang-

Last Friday I got talked into going to see a SD Tribute band playing in Allentown, PA called Another State of Mind (ASOM). I think they are out of North Jersey. I went into expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. Being a big SD fan and guitar player I did not want to see anyone disgrace Ness and Company. All in all they did a pretty good job.

The singer (we called him Fake-Ness) actually looks like Mike (in his thinner days), plays the Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul with a "Essex County" sticker on it. It was a bit creepy seeing some of the similarities. The other guys in the band were good players, but no physical resemblance. Check out their Myspace for pics.
    http://www.myspace.com/sdtribute

My only knocks that they were using even all of the Ness raps between songs, and the 2nd guitar players rig sounded more like a Metallica cover band than SD. No warm, smooth tube-like qualities. A bit harsh sounding for SD tunes. But all pretty good players.

In summary I would see them again and recommend others checking them out if only for a novelty.

Thoughts?

Over and out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

now i feel dirty, like a need a shower.. WTF was that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is something that I have thought about for a while but never posted...it creeps me out. I have heard their music and it isn?t bad, you are correct. I completely understand trying to get into character and give the audience as real as a performance as you can...but to a certain extent. Some of these cover bands out there (including non Social D bands) take it too far

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well did he take it as far as a skelly tattoo on his arm and a bird on his neck?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

was at same show, no, he didnt replicate the same tats but he did have the wife beater, mascara, and a ton of his own tats. for east coasters who dont get to see sd every freakin night like the california fans, this was cool. they even had the sirens and opened with road zombie. they get an "a" for effort. by the way, they were followed by a ramones tribute band who dressed and looked almost like the real band. Slightly fat joey and every one had wigs but they were good. hey pbr, we should hook up and see some more shows> maybe some old hair bands???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They're kind of like watching an updated version of a movie you loved growing up. It's still enjoyable, but also unsettling.