Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Private Hell- how is the digitech Bad Monkey?
    What rig do you use it with?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice topic?but imho it's not about the amount of gear but rather that one piece of equipment you cannot live without.
    Here's a story to show you what makes one of my guitars so super special for me.
    It's not the price tag?I own two Gibson Les Paul's from the Historic Collection that are more expensive, but this one I am far more emotionally attached to.
    In about 1993 when I was out of school shortly before I started college I was seriously low on money but I came across a guitar that I fell in love with at first sight.
    It was a Gibson Les Paul 40th Anniversary Model, jet-black with gold hardware, creme binding and plastic parts, ebony fretboard and P100 Pickups. The weird thing was that the shop wasn't a guitar store but a store that sold TV's, VCR's and the lot. I went there as often as I could, not being able to afford the guitar at the time I decided to lay some money aside, sell some crap that was sitting around at my place (eBay was unheard of at the time?and so was the web?.I placed ads in newspapers?that's how long ago it was!).
    As I got closer and closer to finally being able to buy that baby, anxiety build up and I was pretty well known at the shop for being "that weirdo who wants that guitar".
    One day I was around the corner and I thought "well, I might make a stop over and have another look" I stood in front of closed doors. The shop was gone. What it was is the owner seemed to have some serious money problems and had to close his business. I found out his telephone number, called him up and asked him if I could buy that guitar off of him but to my horror he told me that he sold some guitars, "mine" included, to some guy in southern Germany, but he gave me his phone number and wished me luck in talking the guy into selling me the Les Paul.
    I called him up, but he had no intention of selling it. He told me that he plans on opening a recording space for aspiring young artists and bought these guitars as well as a drum kit and various amps to be used by them.
    Sounded like crap to me as I imagined "my" guitar being mistreated in such an environment.
    I left him my phone number and told him to call me up whenever he decides to sell it and I forgot about it. About three years went past (in which I bought other guitars) when I got a call from the guy, asking me if I?m still interested in it (strange that he still had my telephone number after all these years) since his plans didn't work out the way he intended them and the studio was never set up. I wasn't sure whether or not I should buy it since I didn't know the condition it was in, but I got a decent deal on it (cheaper than it originally was) and he assured me that no one touched it in all these years. And yes?it was in pristine condition when it arrived. Everyone who has ever owned a black guitar with a Nitro finish knows that the slightest playing causes super-fine scratches. This guitar was mint, hell it was new. Finally united!
    See now what makes this baby more special to me than any other guitar? I'd be devastated if it was stolen or damaged and I wouldn't sell it for any money in the world.
    It's my number one guitar and I play it all the time?it has some battle scars by now but it's still a beauty and since late August it carries the autographs of Mike and Jonny on the back.
    Have a look?

40thAnniversary 01

40thAnniversary 02

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good to see that you got it in the end and i am also a one guitar that i love person. The story with my JS1000 is slightly similar.

Being 14 at the time [img]redface.gif[/img] , the only income i could get was from a ?13.50-a-week paperound. I saw Joe Satriani playing the JS1000 at a concert of his that i went to. I fell i love with the guitarand decided that i had to get one despite having a ?1400 pricetag. I saved up for 8 months only buying 1 DVD and a CD in the time(both SD). I then thought about getting it from the USA as it was only about ?700 but the wrong colour (which was one of the main reasons that i wanted it)
    i then found it one eBay, bidded for it and got it for ?780. I was so happy and i know what mean when you say about damaging a guitar that you love. I found a chip between the bridge pick-up and the trem (weird!!!). I was so annoyed that i started bashing my Squier with its neck.
    I also will never sell it as it's too sentimental. Here's an internet pic of it.
    00?MdToken3685057467506758

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by lostheart:
    Nice topic?but imho it's not about the amount of gear but rather that one piece of equipment you cannot live without.
    Here's a story to show you what makes one of my guitars so super special for me.
    It's not the price tag?I own two Gibson Les Paul's from the Historic Collection that are more expensive, but this one I am far more emotionally attached to.
    In about 1993 when I was out of school shortly before I started college I was seriously low on money but I came across a guitar that I fell in love with at first sight.
    It was a Gibson Les Paul 40th Anniversary Model, jet-black with gold hardware, creme binding and plastic parts, ebony fretboard and P100 Pickups. The weird thing was that the shop wasn't a guitar store but a store that sold TV's, VCR's and the lot. I went there as often as I could, not being able to afford the guitar at the time I decided to lay some money aside, sell some crap that was sitting around at my place (eBay was unheard of at the time?and so was the web?.I placed ads in newspapers?that's how long ago it was!).
    As I got closer and closer to finally being able to buy that baby, anxiety build up and I was pretty well known at the shop for being "that weirdo who wants that guitar".
    One day I was around the corner and I thought "well, I might make a stop over and have another look" I stood in front of closed doors. The shop was gone. What it was is the owner seemed to have some serious money problems and had to close his business. I found out his telephone number, called him up and asked him if I could buy that guitar off of him but to my horror he told me that he sold some guitars, "mine" included, to some guy in southern Germany, but he gave me his phone number and wished me luck in talking the guy into selling me the Les Paul.
    I called him up, but he had no intention of selling it. He told me that he plans on opening a recording space for aspiring young artists and bought these guitars as well as a drum kit and various amps to be used by them.
    Sounded like crap to me as I imagined "my" guitar being mistreated in such an environment.
    I left him my phone number and told him to call me up whenever he decides to sell it and I forgot about it. About three years went past (in which I bought other guitars) when I got a call from the guy, asking me if I?m still interested in it (strange that he still had my telephone number after all these years) since his plans didn't work out the way he intended them and the studio was never set up. I wasn't sure whether or not I should buy it since I didn't know the condition it was in, but I got a decent deal on it (cheaper than it originally was) and he assured me that no one touched it in all these years. And yes?it was in pristine condition when it arrived. Everyone who has ever owned a black guitar with a Nitro finish knows that the slightest playing causes super-fine scratches. This guitar was mint, hell it was new. Finally united!
    See now what makes this baby more special to me than any other guitar? I'd be devastated if it was stolen or damaged and I wouldn't sell it for any money in the world.
    It's my number one guitar and I play it all the time?it has some battle scars by now but it's still a beauty and since late August it carries the autographs of Mike and Jonny on the back.
    Have a look?

40thAnniversary 01

40thAnniversary 02
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Sweet guitar! The other guitar player Sickboy79 on these forums has one very similar to that except with silver hardware and P-90s instead of P-100s. Sweet guitars for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrivateHell:
    Sweet guitar! The other guitar player Sickboy79 on these forums has one very similar to that except with silver hardware and P-90s instead of P-100s. Sweet guitars for sure.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's gotta be a Pro Deluxe that was build from the mid 70's to early 80's then.
    My 40th Anniversay weights a ton...not for the faint of heart...
    ;-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote]Originally posted by lostheart:
    That's gotta be a Pro Deluxe that was build from the mid 70's to early 80's then.
    My 40th Anniversay weights a ton...not for the faint of heart...
    ;-)
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Thats exactly what it is. Good call! Yeah, your right, those things are like boat anchors. My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

Inactive Member contemptiblepunx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bass: Fender P-Bass Deluxe
    Bass Amp: Ampeg B2R head with an Ampeg SVT-410HE cab

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Custom