Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Jenn,

Sorry about your little fiasco at the Allentown show the other night. At least you can say that you and your boyfriend got into the New York show for $6 each. Now thats a bargain. I know just what your saying though, the people in Pennsylvania are so uptight. I know because i lived in Latrobe for 18 months. Talkin bout a bunch of rednecks.

and not all security guards are assholes. I used to work security around here at a lot of shows and I was very cool about things. Those fucks that threw you out take things to literally and seriously. Its not how it is all the time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man that sucks, I've never been on the recieving line of fire by security but I've seen it happen many times. Some of those guys can be real real pricks, kinda like they couldn't get into the police force and this job is the next best thing, therefore anyone who agitates them will have to pay for their deficiencies. (BTW... I apologize now to anyone who may be a PT security guard, it's a very generalized statement I know, but generally true.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they have to give you a warning first before they can toss you out,i mean all they have to say is no taking pitures so take it to your car.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sandrenash:
    ...what is up with people not being allowed to wear chain wallets into Social D shows? What can you do with a chain wallet?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I WEAR A POCKET WATCH and wonder the same thing.
    like i wanna beat someone down with with my timex.WTF?

as for security, i never had any issues.
    we take pix at most every show we attend.
    i have 2 sets on this site where you can plainly see security. and i know they seen us, cause they told us NOT to use the flash!

sux that you got tossed out...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i know that there was a sign that said no pictures, so i know i was playin with fire to begin with....HOWEVER...take the camera from me, or just tell me to put it away....don't lay your fuckin hooks on my boyfriend or me...it was completely uncalled for! i only wish i was over-exaggerating....anyways, thanks again steve for the tickets to new york! I still owe ya $7!!!! For anyone that saw us getting kicked out, it was near the side door, i had on a leather jacket and my boyfriend in an old bowling shirt...he's 6'4" but went down pretty hard on the floor, no visible marks though, thank God for them...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

why won't my avatar work????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jenn, maybe you two should look into hiring an attourny. i know from experience in working two different security jobs like this that the owners were always nervous about doing something to get sued. Your whole incident sounds excessive to me. If they were police officers internal affairs would be knocking at your door.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That really sucks. I think it is a little much to boot someone for taking a picture. Security in New York was really good. I didn't see them hassling anyone and quite a few of them were laughing and smiling as they helped the crowd surfers down.

I've been to a few shows in smaller cities/towns where the security was awful. I don't know what it is. I guess they just aren't as well trained or as concerned about security.

I always get hassled for wallet chains so more often than not I just shove my wallet in my boot and no one knows the wiser.

Hope your nexy Social D show is better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love taking my camera to shows and I think i've only been to a handful of gigs where cameras are banned.

I know its a lot of difference in terms of security over there but beating the shit out of somebody is waaaaaaaay over the top. Alot of secrity here are meatheads as well bt they normally just get rough with the kids who have attitude....

Still, thats a hell of a thing to happen to a fan at a Social D show! Hope both you guys are okay!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i was thinking about it actually, walt is still hurt today...plus, we got the pictures developed, and they're blurry but at least i still got them!!!! I hope that you have a better time at the upcoming shows. let me know whenever you're here on the east cost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast