Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sucks, I hate meat head jock bouncers! Sorry that happen to you guys. It sucks, when I go to the Fillmore next month, they don't allow cameras either [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I'll have my camera phone though [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about that. Being as it is that I work security part time at a nightclub, I have to agree with what many are saying about bouncers being meatheads. Some of the guys I work with/have worked with fit the stereotype of failed cop/wannabes and seem to be trying to make up for their own insecurities. Fortunately at the club I work at, those guys don't last too long before they screw up like the guys who went after you and your byfriend did. I'm not a small guy, but I'm also not a jerk. It somes to the bouncers' personality a lot. I happen to aspire to being a cop, but that's not why I took the job, it was offered to me while I was in college. As far as warnings, its up to the club about giving them or not, there's no law about it. Anyway, sorry again about what happened.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think it's even more ironic that my bfriend is in security,and a former bouncer!!! just thought that i would add that in there too!!!! thanks though for all you guys' support...hey, if you're gonna get kicked out a concert, it may as well be the best one in town! [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes i was over exaggerating with the "i hate all bouncers" comment...i should have said i hate all bouncers at the venue...my apologies to anyone who is a bouncer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the Toronto show lastnight, I checked the venue website to see if I could at least bring in a disposable camera and it said that was OK. But when I got to the show, security told me I could not bring it in....I had to put in my car. When I told them I walked there they said "OK fine, just check it with your coat." At least they didn't take it away. I saw tons of people inside taking pictures and none of them got tossed out. Security was really cool.

I feel bad that you had such a crappy experience. Hope the next one is better....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sucks to hear.
    But no disrespect or anything but are the bouncers really the ones to blame? I mean maybe it were just orders they got.

I've been too many shows in my life and if there was troubles with bouncers or people complaing about bouncers taking off stuff or anything I heard the bouncers say they were just doing their jobs and what they are told to do.
    Some time ago they refused me to enter a club, because I was wearing a basket short. After some arguing and some silly comments from my side (like saying ok if I can't enter with those on I'll just have to take them off and stuff like that) they did let me in on the promise I wouldn't start any trouble.

I bet there will be bouncers who are real pricks and just want to show off their muscles and like to fight.

Anyway sucks to go through shit like that, hope you never get things like that again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123