Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I might as well throw in my two cents (three in Canada)...
    I couldn't care less about awards shows or the awards themselves. That said, in my opinion Walk The Line deserves whatever credit anyone wants to give it simply because they didn't fuck the story up as badly as I was sure they would.
    As I see it Reese Withers poon, while far from spot-on, did a decent job of portraying JCC all things considered. I, like the King Himself, went into it having every reason in the world to believe she would singlehandedly destroy the movie but left thinking she did a pretty good job.
    (Never saw Ray, not planning to... not particularly a Ray Charles fan and can't stand Jamie Foxx for even 10 seconds)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ther was a major plot flaw in Brokeback Mountain. I cannot believe that any cowboy would turn gay when he has a whole flock of sheep to chose from.

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cbojanower:
    Ther was a major plot flaw in Brokeback Mountain. I cannot believe that any cowboy would turn gay when he has a whole flock of sheep to chose from.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I laughed so hard that coffee flew everywhere out of my nose!
    Being from West Virginia I thought I'd heard every sheepfucking joke there was- guess not.
    I'm definately planning on using that line any opportunity I get- there should be quite a few; there's a lot of local redneck outrage over this movie letting their deep dark secret out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BadLuckLuke:
    i dont care much for Oscars and stuff...I think its bullshit posturing but Witherspoon at least desrves best actress. I knew she did her own singing but my jaw was on the floor when I saw she was playuing the autoharp herself! And she was so funny and sassy and bright.

The movie itself was awesome! Saw it last night and it was 100000000000000 times better than Munich....not that it was hard. I thought Munich was rubbish.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Have you ever played an autoharp? You push a button and strum a string, it's easier than playing a kazoo, I know, I play one ... Have you ever heard June Carter Cash sing? Reese Whitherspoon sounded NOTHING like her, nor did she look, act or talk anything like her. What does she deserve an Oscar for, I ask you ....
    The more I hear people talk about that damn movie and see awards going out to it, especially her, the more I hate it.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 04, 2006 12:35 AM: Message edited by: geekgirlxx ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12