Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by RENODIVORCE
    <u>(from the "Is it true Mike broke his [w]rist skateboarding today?" topic)</u>:

well if Ron really does this, I wonder if they're going to dress him up all greaser punk style...lol
    Ron isn't known for his fashion sense, just his ability to shred on the guitar. He is a super nice guy.
    I wonder if they are going to throw a Les Paul in his hand or let him play his beat up old SG .
    But if you go to the show PLEASE get some pics cuz I gotta see Ron with SD .
    It sucks what happened to Mike but what a cool oportunity to see another punk guitar icon play with SD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since it did in fact come to pass, does anyone have any pictures of him up close yet?
    And, yeah, seeing Mike without a guitar is pretty fuckin weird. I'm guessing (hoping, too) he didn't take the mic off of the stand and stroll around- that would look even fuckin weirder... (*cringing with visions of Greg Graffin*)

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 14, 2006 09:17 PM: Message edited by: PainWillBeMyMotivation ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mike's lead guitar playing is great...he knows his limitations and has a brilliant way to work around them...but IMO he was a lead guitar player because noone else was able to do it up until Jonny joined the band.
    Dennis was a super-nice fella but even Mike said in a couple of interviews that Dennis was in the band because he was a friend and not a great guitar player!
    I think Social D in their current lineup are brilliant...rarely have I seen a band that was so tight...musically speaking!
    I really hope Mike's wrist heals up properly...I've had a friend who broke his fretting hand as well and it never healed back up properly and his guitar playing suffered big time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what I saw, he didn't dress all punked out or anything like that. He just had on a pair of khaki dress pants and a button down short sleeve shirt. As for Mike's guitars playing, I'm hoping he's devouted enough to be able to recover from it in time. And for curiosity sake, would you mind ellaborating on his shortcomings with playing the guitar?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad to see Mike is giving the rest of the band a little more "freedom". I was also surprised to see Brent playing with his fingers and not a pick.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345