Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

first of all i would like to say hello to the one and only hot mamacita miss erica s.....the guinness is cold and ready for tonites festivities....waiting to long for this and i cant wait...cheers to everybody wholl be there tonite.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you there. But like you pointed out, the majority of his songs deal with addiction and the bleak outlook he has on it. He's always honest that it was a huge mistake of his and that abusing drugs is not all what the modern "punk" bands make it out to be. I'm hoping that after advocating against from first hand experience, he'll be able to keep himself straight. Still.....he looked pretty damn happy on those pills, haha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shit i cant believe this even came up! mike is not going to relapse back into addiction EVER no matter what pills they put him on. and if by so crazy chance he does start abusing the pills and goes back to addiction i will personally go out there and kick his ass(in the most respectful way since i look up to Mike more then i do my own father)

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, since somebody brought up the "happy pills"...

One of the first things that came to my mind was how tough this is gonna be for Mr. Ness as a recovering addict/ alcoholic. I know because I am also in recovery (2 years clean and sober) and am currently taking prescription painkillers; let me tell you, it sets off the old ugly addict mindset- you get all those old feelings you haven't felt in years but seem so familiar. I've had to be very dilligent in doing all the things we have to do to stay sober but moreso just to be sure. Part of that is "telling on myself" as far as my thoughts, et cetera.

I have a friend who once had 15 years of continuous sobriety/ clean time until he broke his arm, got on painpills, abused them, got back on the needle and everything else and went from a great career and owning a beautiful house in an affluent neighborhood to being a homeless piss-bum all over again in a very short time...

I'm not saying that I think Mike is going to relapse, etc.; it's just something that came to mind. I have faith that he'll do what he needs to do. One of the most important things we have to do to stay clean is remember where we came from so we don't go back and, hey, he's singing songs abut both his past and his recovery every night, so that's gotta be a big help right there in and of itsself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, thank you very much to Love_Pain for the excellent and very descriptive show review.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by social_d_fan01:
    shit i cant believe this even came up! mike is not going to relapse back into addiction EVER no matter what pills they put him on. and if by so crazy chance he does start abusing the pills and goes back to addiction i will personally go out there and kick his ass(in the most respectful way since i look up to Mike more then i do my own father)
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, I said I didn't think he would and I have all the faith in the world in him. Although the disease can sneak up on you when you least expect, he's shown for years that he has what it takes to stay clean through the good and bad times.

I was just saying that it's gonna be tough and I can definately empathize with what he's going through right now. To reiterate, he's gone through many greater challenges in his life; this is likely just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

I wholeheartedly know where you're coming from; Mike Ness is an inspiration and a role model to me- the guy who came inside my mother means absolutely nothing to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I don't know which show Love_Pain was at but he must have joined Ness on the happy pills. I attended the Friday nite (2/10) Vegas show and it was by far the WORST Social D show I have ever seen. The only show that comes close to being as pathetic was a show I saw in Reno where Social D was hired to play for some college spring break ski trip in the early 90's.

Yeah, two bags and Quintana were solid in their duties but the fact is that Social D is driven by Ness ON guitar. It's understandable that Ness was "out of it" with the broken left wrist and I commend him for gutting it out. Realistically, the show should have been cancelled. The TSOL fill in was lost, Ness couldn't use his guitar to cue the band, the tempo was way off and worst of all the swagger was nonexistent.

I sold my tix for the Sat and Sun shows immediately after the concert. Absolutely weak and pathetic. A piss poor excuse for a Social D show.

As for the question of relapse... Ness may not have a choice. I hope he sticks close to his spons and home group.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I was on happy pills than your ass must have been sitting in the back on the cheap seats, finger bangin' your grandma the whole concert. I don't care who you are, that was a damn good show. Granted, you were missing mike ness' on the guitar, which is a big thing, but all parts considered, I felt they delivered.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn guys enough hostility around this topic

Inactive Member SaintofCircumstance's Avatar
    Follows
    Following