Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so i haven't posted in about a month or so...beleive me i've really missed this board. but now that i'm moved in and just got my internet connected (first stop before checking a month's list of unopened emails is SxDx message board!), i decided to share some experiences i've had in the past few weeks.

the whole online community here is pretty cool. i have seen how in the last year everyone is excited about the new stuff thats happening and how the band is progressing. however, away from the computer screen, i've met many people in the last month that are not on this board that are true SxDx fans. first one is a guy at a pinstriping class that i took with my dad. i have been seeing SxDx shirts a lot lately (hats too) and i always strike up a conversation with the person--"Hey nice shirt!" or something along those lines. just today i met 2 guys who were working out at the gym where i work and they are also big time SxDx fans.

i guess my main point is this: the online virtual SxDx community is great--but the real-life day to day community is pretty cool too. and Social D fans as a whole seem to be pretty easy to get along with and enjoy talking about their experiences with the band, meeting people, etc. with that said, there are many people i'd love to hang out with on this board too. i'm going to try to go to the bakersfield show, so if i can get work off, i'll probably drive up there and check that out. anyways, i think i have som e downloading to do...thanks ben! haha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've met many "everday people" who are also social d fans. Its weird, the people that I would guess that would like social d or atleast heard of them either dont like them, or have no idea who they are. I met several people who aren't into punk, rockabilly, etc but they love social d. I think its kinda cool that social d has so many fans that come from so many different walks of life..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see it alot too at school (Fullerton College). I havent had many classes where i wore a Social D shirt and havent had someone tell me "nice shirt"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fullerton college, eh? i cruise by there all the time! i live about 3 miles from there. i run on the trails that start at harbor and berkeley all the time. maybe one of these days i'll bump into you over there. i run on the track there sometimes too. (actually headed over there right now as a matter of fact! haha)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im not around there much outside of school so i wont be there til after the summer, but if you do feel free to say hi.

Inactive Member dirtyMike via SanClemente's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SD fans...there everywhere

then again, I live in Orange County

Follows