Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol, i was totally gonna post his response for him, but didn't want to be too much of an ass.

too funny that you were thinking the same thing though. hahaha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well now I know why I havent read a bible in so long... I'd find plenty of reasons why I would go to hell. SCARY!! [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
    Any of you guys ever read the Conversations with God books? I havent read any of them in a while, but I thought they made alot more sense than the bible. I like authors like Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, and Gary Zukav. Right now I'm reading Dharma Punx by Noah Levine. Theres a quote from Mike Ness on the back cover.

Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Erica S:
    Well now I know why I havent read a bible in so long... I'd find plenty of reasons why I would go to hell. SCARY!! [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
    Any of you guys ever read the Conversations with God books? I havent read any of them in a while, but I thought they made alot more sense than the bible. I like authors like Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, and Gary Zukav. Right now I'm reading Dharma Punx by Noah Levine. Theres a quote from Mike Ness on the back cover.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Can't say I've read any of those, but will look into it. What's the Mike Ness qoute on the back cover?

I'm currently reading "Atlas Shrugged". I started it probably a month ago and haven't had as much time to read as I'd like for a while now. I'm only on page 200 something. Only 11111000231 more to go! Ayn Rand has to be the wordiest author I've ever read. I'm pretty hooked on the story this far though.

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Conversations With God series was a tremendous help to me after getting out of rehab. Though, with any BOOK, I never believe it to be the specific "word of God", if anything out there is, those books are it. Anyone who reads those and doesn't agree is basically a mental/emotional midget in my eyes. Fucking Zombies...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mikes quote says "This book is a great success story that shows that violence, negativity, and self destruction dont accomplish anything.

Cancer, I'm trying to remember the name of that book I told you to get last year, it had a purple cover. I think you said you picked up a copy. I had two and I gave one to Gabby, he said he used it alot in his meetings at the recovery homes he runs.
    I dont know what happened to the other one, but my mom and sis have it as well. Ill have to borrow one of theirs and read it again. I love that book.
    I'm happy to know that Conversations helped you so much. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you're talking about "This Thing Called You"?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, thats it! Thank you!! Thats such a great book! I think my old neighbor borrowed mine. She borrowed quite a few of my books. I'll have to stop by and check one of these day when I'm in Costa Mesa.

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
    lol, i was totally gonna post his response for him, but didn't want to be too much of an ass.

too funny that you were thinking the same thing though. hahaha.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Oh, I definately felt like being too much of an ass right about then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it is a little late now... sorry for the delay... but I didn't read this topic earlier... and honestly, I stopped reading it at some point.. but maybe this might put an end to this discussion... this is what Mike said about his spirituality last year in Munich (08/25/2005):

---
    Yes, I am very spiritual. I try to grab things from everybody you know who believe in some source spirituality, you know.

That means it is not important what kind of religion it is taken from?
    MN: Oh, no, I think everyone has something to offer and noone is right, I mean, let's face it, religion is manmade and therefore subjective to error, you know. But spirituality, just is. It's just there. And you have to find it, inside of you.

This can be found in various SxDx Songs, right?
    MN:Absolutely, yeah.

And you often refer to God in your lyrics...
    MN:Yeah and it's not necessarily you know, I mean I have never read a whole bible, or, I don't go to church. I go, but to me God is symbolic for spirituality something greater then me, something greater then us, you know, this God being a guard, a force, of some kind. I think that it's important to find it, each indiviudal find their own and incoorporate it in your live.
    ---

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 20, 2006 07:25 AM: Message edited by: AsoCl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AMEN!

...5 pages and still no answer to the original question...