Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, i didn't want to let the secret out, but mike ness is jesus. he just cut his hair to confuse all of us yearbook

spomaxman

one thing's for sure, mike's gotta wish he had some of that hair back... it's getting a bit thin up there for him

Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in case anyone was wondering what a good Christian looks like:

Python: Holier than thou

but in his defense, this photo could have been taken before he was "born again". either that or the holy spirit leaves your body after "about a case of beer".

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 23, 2006 10:05 AM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks to you PainWillBeMyMotivation, and it's "she" [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
    [QB]in case anyone was wondering what a good Christian looks like:

but in his defense, this photo could have been taken before he was "born again". either that or the holy spirit leaves your body after "about a case of beer".

Hahaha...Hilarious!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mrsteve:
    Python, you are going about this the wrong way, you site here and preach about all this, yet there has been nothing but negative and pretty sarcastic remarks in your posts, and yes the other people do the same, but dont expect to convert people over a message board..
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I didn't come here to preach, if you re-read the threads, my thoughts were directed toward the song. And others attacked based upon it was Christian discussion. Which I felt obligated to defend, and follow up on discussions where people asked questions who were interested in the subject. I don't claim to have the power to convert anyone. Only God can convert someone. I can be put in the right place at the right time tho, and be used by God in someone who he is already at work in. I am mearly Christ's servent. As a result, several people have contacted me via email or outside of the forum here, and resulting in 1 person surrending their life to our Lord, Jesus Christ. So that makes it all worth it.

Originally posted by mrsteve:
    now that is said, i personally mike believes in jesus, whether you believe he was lord or not jesus did exist and the events were true. i also believe mike takes a lot of his beliefs from christianity, most but not all, and yes if you had to categorize him, he would probably be labled a christian, although its clear that he does not like to lable his religion. this arguement is obviously leading nowhere, and python when you are discussing religion with agnostics, aithiest, and whole bunch of other beliefs and philosophies on life, the last thing you want to do is turn it into an arguement becasue you will do more harm then good.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Well I have some disagrement with you, I do belive Mike belives in Jesus Christ, not just in, as being true or lived, but I belive He Believed he is the Son of God, and he rose from the Grave, and he Died for his sins. Otherwise, he could not have had a born again experience. Which I dont see how "Untitled" could be about anything other then a born again expereince. I seriously doubt if you asked Mike, any of these questions. (Believe in Jesus Christ, Son of God, and he overcame Death, and died for our sins." I think he would clearly say Yes to all. He would have to had belived them to have had a born again experience. Unless now somehow he has fallen from the faith or whatever. I'm farily new in my Walk with the Lord, so I am still learning and have very limited knowledge of other religions. But from what I read Catholiosm has some tuff issues that goes directly against the bible. To me a Christian, is a Beliver in Jesus Christ, adn that he was the son of God, and died for our sins, and overcame death. With my new walk, I have not labeled myself anything other then Christian. Tho I will probably finally join a Baptist Church, because it just feels right, my grandparents went there, and the Preacher is superb guy, and preached at both of their funerals, and God lead me to that church. But before i call myself Baptist, I will have to know all the details that come with Baptist beliefs. I agree that the last thing should happen is an argument tho, and I try to avoid an argument, and I struggle with how to respond to the harsh things said toward me and my savior, Jesus Christ. And I realize I havent responded in the best way to things, but end result, 1 person surrendered. So it makes it all worth it in the end. And maybe planted seeds amoung other readers. There was a missionary at our church the other day who said, there had been scientific studdies that shows that it takes around around 22 encounters with the Gospel before someone surrenders. My witnessig, maybe encounter #1, encounter # 10, I dont know. But in at least one case it was encounter #22. And I thank God for that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
    in case anyone was wondering what a good Christian looks like:

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ March 23, 2006 10:05 AM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I dont see how you get that? I have never ever in my whole life (even before being born again) thought I was any better then anyone else. Never. As Paul would say, I am the "Chief of Sinners".

Far as the Beer comment, anyone who knows me , knows I have always drank beer. But I personally dont belive I ever became an alcholic or let it control me. If I ever got out of hand, and got in trouble over it, I realized I needed to back off. But since being Born Again, I have thourghly researched beer in the Bible, and its without a doubt that wine was ferminted in biblical days, and its clear that Beer is not a sin, only when it is abused (like most anything). Now I just have a beer when we go to Mexican Restaurant. I feel totally comfortable with that, and being a Christian.

Again I have no hard feelings toward anyone here no matter what they have said. I kinda feel God is working in you right now tho, maybe just at encounter #5 or 6 or so, but none the less. I feel He maybe working in your heart some.

If theres anything I can do for you or anyone here, my email is on my profile. Hollar any time.

Peace be with us,
    Python

PS - on the nickname comment you made at one time, that came across my mind in the weeks after I received Christ. I was given that nickname when I was around 21 or so by a bunch of people I worked with, mostly women. But its not what you think, tho I have let people belive that in the past. But how it came about , was around that time (many years ago) it was the time when Hulk Hogan was real big, and everone was totally into wrestling. I worked at ajob that we could cut up some, and bunch of guys, we all acted like wrestlers, and would talk the smack like they do on TV. And even play act wrestling, like elbow drops and stuff like that while at work. It was crazy. But alot of fun. I used to talk like Hogan did, about his arms, he used to call them his 12 inch pythons. I talk that type of talk when we were cutting up, and someone took that and started calling me that, and it took off from there..

So I feel comfortable with the nickname and why it was given. Tho if it was given for the reason most people might think (being a ladies man or somewhat gifted in the manhood department) then I would totally have to rid myself of that nickname, but I feel its innocent way it came about. So God hasn't told me to change it yet..

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AsoCl:
    thanks to you PainWillBeMyMotivation, and it's "she" [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Sorry 'bout that!

Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Python, you totally miss my humor and sarcasm. In this case, I wasn't saying anything about drinking being bad. I was commenting on you giving the finger and how I guess the Christian morals leave you after you've had a few.

You took my "serpent" comment and turned it into a dick joke. It was an Adam and Eve reference.

Also, I don't argue that you don't think you're better than anyone else. You just, as you've admitted, think God thinks you're better than everyone else because you acknowledge him and accept him. Same fucking difference.

But you're right you're message is so strong and powerful and you're so loving for forgiving me no matter what bad things I say to you, I do think I feel God starting to work on me deep down in the pit of my stomach.

Oh wait...it was just gas.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 11:14 PM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Python, you totally miss my humor and sarcasm. In this case, I wasn't saying anything about drinking being bad. I was commenting on you giving the finger and how I guess the Christian morals leave you after you've had a few
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I'm not sure what picture you are refering to, as you edited it before I read it. But I just accepted Christ this last Decemeber, so the picture doesnt represent my new life, but rather my old one. My morals stay with me now, and I hope I never flip anyone else a bird, as I don't wish that on anyone.

You took my "serpent" comment and turned it into a dick joke. It was an Adam and Eve reference.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I didnt turn it into a joke, but explain my thoughts on the nickname, as that is why it got me thinkign about it (last december) because Python is a Serpent. And I was debating on killing the nick that had been with me 10+ years. But I felt comfortable enuff with it, and its orign, and how it came about that it doesnt represent a sinful name.

Also, I don't argue that you don't think you're better than anyone else. You just, as you've admitted, think God thinks you're better than everyone else because you acknowledge him and accept him. Same fucking difference.]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I consider myself "lucky". I'm no better the anyone else, and wasn't expecting it to happen, but am grateful it did (being born again). I figured I would eventually get right with God before I died, but alot of people keep saying that, and putting it off, until one day its too late, they have a car accident or something, and they die. or have an unexpected death. You know, Tommorrow may never come. It didn't for Dennis. Mikes words, "Reach for the Sky, because tommorrow may never come." I dont consider myself better. But the facts are, we all are gonig to live forever, it's our choice where our final retirement place is going to be (Heaven or Hell).

But you're right you're message is so strong and powerful and you're so loving for forgiving me no matter what bad things I say to you, I do think I feel God starting to work on me deep down in the pit of my stomach.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Your right, no one has done anything to offend me personally, and if they had, I would not hold that against them. I haven't always been forgiving or loving type. But I'm certinally trying to change that.