Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Python423:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Glenn Cole:
    Interesting connections Python... It makes a lot of sense!

-Glenn
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, its very obvious from someone who has been there like me, that its no doubt what Mike is talking about. You'd just have to been there to fully understand it.

Even back to the John Maurer Christian interview, john replied, "We're notorious for being, uh, spiritual seekers in lyrical content." and ""Mike Ness is the sole writer. "He's is the idea man; Social Distortion is him from inception.", "But, he writes all the (lyrics). He's a very spiritual man. He's a seeker. "

There was another verus I meant to throw in there where he talks about feeling rich.

Matthew 6:19-20 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

God Bless,
    Python
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Enough already! This is getting just a tiny bit off topic, wouldn't you say? Keep the preaching in church, please. I still want to know the name of the band who did the cover version!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[/QUOTE]Enough already! This is getting just a tiny bit off topic, wouldn't you say? Keep the preaching in church, please. I still want to know the name of the band who did the cover version![/QB][/QUOTE]

No one is preaching here, we are discussion the meaning of the song which this thread is about. But to your orginal question on the other band who also covered it, I'd also like to hear it too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Enough already! This is getting just a tiny bit off topic, wouldn't you say? Keep the preaching in church, please. I still want to know the name of the band who did the cover version![/QUOTE]

No one is preaching here, we are discussion the meaning of the song which this thread is about. But to your orginal question on the other band who also covered it, I'd also like to hear it too.[/QB][/QUOTE]

So why do you keep quoting the bible the whole time then?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in the words of rancid this time...

...and out came the wolves.

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by punk77:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by esn212:
    in the words of rancid this time...

...and out came the wolves.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">in the words of Dead Kennedys this time...
    Punk ain't no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself...
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Now, this I enjoy! I wonder how far this will go...

In the words of The Bouncing Souls once again:
    "I don't wanna hear no fucking sermon. Nooooooo!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[/QUOTE]Enough already! This is getting just a tiny bit off topic, wouldn't you say? Keep the preaching in church, please. I still want to know the name of the band who did the cover version![/QB][/QUOTE]

I too am tired of hearing this dude preach....no offense but keep the preaching to yourself...Mike Ness writes songs that people can connect to...to another person it can mean something else...so yeah stop trying to connect every freaking Social D song to God or related to the bible...thanks!

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Enough already! This is getting just a tiny bit off topic, wouldn't you say? Keep the preaching in church, please. I still want to know the name of the band who did the cover version![/QUOTE]

No one is preaching here, we are discussion the meaning of the song which this thread is about. But to your orginal question on the other band who also covered it, I'd also like to hear it too.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that you are saying what this song means to YOU... I highly doubt that you've picked up on some psycho-kinetic waves in the cosmos between you and Ness where these verses have come to you, and that's EXACTLY where the lyrics came from. The Bible is not the only book to ever have these literary metaphors.

spomaxman

Or in the words of Mr Ness: "Some people go to church on Sunday, others they pray at home. You tell them that there ain't no God, that they're better off standing alone."

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm right there with you, Road Zombie.
    At first I thought and even said "Well, this guy's got something that's working for him and it's so awesome to him that he wants to share it. That's cool." There reached a certain point with me where it went from trying to help me out to telling me I'm wrong. <font color="black">And fuck that</font>.
    We have a saying in my line of work (substance abuse treatment): "You can't help those that don't want help". When you start trying to reform people you just push them farther away; the best you can do is let 'em know what you're about and it'll be in the back of their head for when they're ready. If I ever feel like I need some Christ I'll know who to talk to. Any further attempts to indoctrinate me are futile.

I gotta do it...
    To quote Social D:
    "I Wasn't Born To Follow"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't the bible say to like stay in your closet and pray by yourself and not throw yourself in public while you talk about god