0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by esn212:
    in the words of rancid this time...

...and out came the wolves.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">in the words of Dead Kennedys this time...
    Punk ain't no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I gotta do it...
    To quote Social D:
    "I Wasn't Born To Follow"[/QB][/QUOTE]

Me too. In the words of Mr John Lydon; Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
    While the hypocrites hide inside
    With the lies of statues in their minds
    Where the Christian religion made them blind
    Where they hide
    And prey to the God of a bitch spelled backwards is dog
    Not for one race, one creed, one world
    But for money
    Effective
    Absurd

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this is fuckin amazing i love this shit

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So why do you keep quoting the bible the whole time then?[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">We were talking about the meaning of the song, I just quoted so others could see how the song relates to the bible is all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by fender4ever:
    Or in the words of Mr Ness: "Some people go to church on Sunday, others they pray at home. You tell them that there ain't no God, that they're better off standing alone."
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">We all go thru that, when we have our doubts. This song was from the somewhere between Heaven and Hell album. I belive Mike became a beliver around the time of his Grandmothers death. When songs like "Untitled" & "When the Angels Sings" were recorded.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Geez, I cant believe this subject is already coming up again.
    I think that most "born again" Christians desperately need a reason to forgive themselves, and they see it as a way out. Thats fine if thats what they need but the majority of them start being judgemental and pushing their religion on others, which is lame. I think there are alot of messed up people that hide behind religion too. Christianity seems to be a popular one (and Catholic priests).There are alot of confused people that say they believe in GOD, and they are Christian, but in my opinin its a religion of lost sheep.
    Years ago, the Mauers invited me and my son to go to their Christian church. I had recently started going to another church, because I figured my son could use a little "Christ exposure" in his life, so we switched churches and started going with the Mauers. My son and their son played with each other all the time back then. They bonded over skateboarding, pirates, and Star Wars, but when Little Jack Mauer found out that my son loved Harry Potter, he got angry with him. The church said it was evil. Jack said he HATED Harry Potter. I said you shouldnt feel hate so easily, thats not Godly-like. About the same time I stopped going to the church, the minister had stepped down because he got caught cheating on his wife (same thing happened when I was in the 2nd grade when I went to a Christian school). I hate to say this, but I feel I need to make a point...I havent read the recent Mauer interview that was posted, but I read one years back that John was talking about his religion and he was being very judgemental about his fans (maybe its the one recently posted I dont know) but he basically stated that typical Social D fans are low lifes and he was so much holier than thou. I lived in the same town as John, hung out with the same friends and went to the same shows. That man was going out and partyin and was not living the Christian lifestyle, but he certainly was preachin and judgin like he was. At the same time the minister was in trouble...well lets just say the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree...and you better bet your sweet ass thats one of the reasons why hes not in the band anymore. His woman wants him at home where she can keep her eye on him.
    ...but Harry Potter is evil?? Gimme a FUCKIN break!
    No disrespect to the Mauers, and I hope they dont catch wind of me writing this cuz they wont be happy about it. In all the years I posted on here, I have kept this under wraps, but I'm sick of this religious drama, and I feel that the Mauer story might make some impact and get my point across. I put in my 4 cents, insted of my usual two. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    ...and back to the original topic....
    Im surprised someone else already covered "Untitled". I dont know who it is, but I would be interested to find out.

Kematter

Right on Erica!

I have always wondered why the born agains are always needing to testify their faith.

I don't think Harry Potter is evil. A dork, yes, evil no. My kids really don't have any interest in him, if they did I could care less. They are into Star Wars & Teen Nick, American Idol & Gamecube, school, KIDMO, Sunday School, NASCAR, Golf, etc for the moment.

I really like "untitled" & can relate it to different things every time i listen to it. I think that is what is cool about music. It can mean a lot of different things to people in many ways.

-----------------------------------------
    "Actions speak louder than words."

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 10, 2006 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Moral Threat Motorsports ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing on Harry Potter is some fear that these books and movies are an invitation to the occult.

Harry Potter books and films are full of stereotypical magic. Witchcraft and wizardry are central themes, and the lead roles are played by wizards, witches, and other magical creatures. Although the characters practice casting spells, reading crystal balls, etc., they do not communicate with spiritual (supernatural) forces.

The Harry Potter series is not for young or spiritually immature children, as they may not have the ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy, right and wrong, or good and evil. At best, they may be left confused about God's views about the occult, and at worst, they may become enchanted by the magical existence of Harry and his friends, becoming desensitized to occultic lifestyles. In addition, there are issues such as violence and mildly foul language that each Christian family will be sensitive to at different levels.

The Bible clearly condemns all kinds of witchcraft, sorcery and spiritism (Deuteronomy 18:10-11).

There is a spirtial world out there, and you can connect with bad spirits. Edgar Cayce the American prophet is example of that, and you hear alot of cases like this if you look.

Theres been alot of kids fall into this, and start practicing pagan stuff, and witchcraft in real life. I'm sure we all know someone similar to this.. This is very risky business..

Parents are just concerned is all...

I got no beef with the potter stuff, I'm not that familar with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the interest of not saying anything I might regret, I am going to go ahead and suggest a "NO RELIGION" policy on this board. If we want to talk about Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, the satanic nature of Harry Potter or whatever, we can do it elsewhere. Just a thought...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all, Harry Potter is a "good witch" so their message is teaching a child to do the right thing and be strong even when the odds are against you.
    Secondly, whats the matter with a child believing in a little magic? What do you think "fairy tales" are? All children are brought up by them. Children live in a fantasy world. Do you remember being a small child? I do. The world is a magical, mystical place where anything can happen, and your parents are such big people and they know everything. Maybe they should ban Disneyland next. I mean thats a magical, mystical place.
    Third, what is so evil about paganism?? They are kind people, they just worship differently. So do Indians, Africans, Asians, Mideasterners etc.
    Christianity was created by the white man. In the name of God, we have pilaged, stolen, raped and murdered thousands. Why do you think the pagans were looked at as evil? So, we had the exscuse to kill them and take their land. We did it to the Native Americans, and we made Africans our slaves. We put our dumbass troops in the middle of a "holy war" that has been going on since the beginning of time, because we are so arrogant that we think we should take their oil. I mean hey, we are the all and mighty powerful Americans. We can do whatever we want.
    Our culture has done alot of ugly things in the name of God. We have been mindless, prejudice fucks that have to have others think for us, and remind us to turn our heads and dismiss our petty actions. We can wash away our sins, if we only believe! Durh!
    Lastly, I would rather my son be a pagan then a Christian, because at least it would show that he can think for himself. My family had a shitfit when he was born, because I wouldnt baptise him. He'll burn in hell for eternity they said. If God was so wonderful, why would he do that to so many innocent people that dont even know of "the white mans faith". God doesnt judge. I think its terrible to raise your children to be scared of God. Believe in God, yes. Be scared of him no. God is Love, not Fear. When I was very young I decided I had no religion. Simply put I was spiritual. My conscious has always known the difference between right and wrong. I choose to be a good person, and to live by the golden rule. I dont need anyone to tell me whats right and wrong. Its instinct.
    I do think that church is good for alot of people and I have nothing against it. It keeps people on the right path (the sheep).
    My soul knows my path and there is nothing dark there.