Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok toured about everywhere in the US (Seem to have zero interest in going overseas)

Changed a few band members

Put out a Greatest Hits album (yawn) toured again.

Broke his arm skateboarding.

Did a solo tour.

OK so what is going to be the next road block to putting out a new album?

As a 26+year Social D fan, Mike's legendary breaks between albums is a real pisser.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 04, 2008 07:31 PM: Message edited by: cbojanower ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya know, there's maybe another old car which should be repaired [img]cool.gif[/img]

They should dig out Chuck and hire Beinhorn again for the next studio record.

So just relax, enjoy this nice acoustic cold feelings vid on youtube:
    YouTube - Social Distortion Plays at Mercy House Gala

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rock'n'Roll Outlaw:
    ya know, there's maybe another old car which should be repaired [img]cool.gif[/img]

They should dig out Chuck and hire Beinhorn again for the next studio record.

So just relax, enjoy this nice acoustic cold feelings vid on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE-7MpYxq_0
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Is Chuck still vacationing off the face of the planet? Kind of strange how he just disappeared from the music industry all together.

Mike himself once said, "its hard to write when things are going really well". Social D is bigger than ever, hes got a family and a seemingly great life. I have a feeling we wont be seeing a new Social D record anytime soon.

I would rather he take his time and get it right though, better to do that than rush it and release a lousy record.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats next is people need to chill out and stop thinking they are entitled to an album whenever they want it or that Mike "owes" them a new album every 2 or 3 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'd take it with a grain of salt unless its posted on socialdistortion.com, and still even then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if it was the case, would you really want him to say "Nah, can't be bothered to record the next album" or "I just can't come up with any good lyrics and riffs anymore"?

try to see it that way: musicianship isn't a nine-to-five job where you get to spend time with your wife 'n kids in the evening and on the weekends. when you're busy making money, i.e. on tour, you don't see them for weeks or even months. and when you're recording or writing you just can't call it a day while the creative process is still running, you got to stick to it no matter if it takes until 3 in the morning. so your daily schedule isn't a very regular one.

besides, there's tons of songs in even more tons of live, studio and demo or bootleg versions that you can enjoy.

Inactive Member SaintofCircumstance's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mike himself once said, "its hard to write when things are going really well". Social D is bigger than ever, hes got a family and a seemingly great life. I have a feeling we wont be seeing a new Social D record anytime soon.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">he's said in recent interviews that he's become inspired by positive things in life now too, and "i think i'll stay" is a good example of that. i'd love to see a "happy" social d or ness album, even though i've never really considered them to be a completely dark or negative band anyway

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why in the hell would anyone want to see Chuck Biscuits back in the band when they got Charlie Quintana? BTW, Chuck quit the music business due to health conditions according to what I have researched. Sure he was a good drummer, but the band is on a much higher level than they were in 1996. No one tops Charlie on the drums or anyone else in the current line-up. Social D. could give Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and The Rolling Stones (in their heyday) a good run for their money!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You gotta know the simple rules homeboy..

-we don't play happy songs?
    -the singer plays the solo [img]wink.gif[/img]
    -two scales are enough
    -180bpm and up
    -all analog recording

yeah, the new happy songs are great [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think its that people feel entitled, its that we are constantly fed reports of "going into the studio this month" or "have been recording for the past few weeks" or "taking time to write." Some of this stuff is bullshit obviously, but some of it is also from the mouths of Mike and the band. So yeah, I think people have a right to look forward to new music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast