Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike would like to do a duet with.... Dolly Parton? Be the next Wayne Newton?

Inactive Member SaintofCircumstance's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can see him doing it for the irony

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i understand the rigors of touring, but being a Vegas house act just has a negative connotation to me and it probably always will. we don't live in the age of the rat pack anymore. we live in the age of cher, toni braxton, wayne newton, chris angel and fucking carrot top.

obviously, things can change, but in today's current atmosphere in Vegas I would have a hard time swallowing them as an act there. i would still go to see them, but it would be a bitter pill.

And Mike needs only to look at Bruce for inspiration. Bruce is 58 years old and still rocking 60,000+ seat stadiums not only across the States, but internationally. he's got a wife and kids just like mike does. i guess my point is that age isn't a factor, it comes down to how much enjoyment and satisfaction the performer gets from touring.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

look at the Rolling Stones for fuck sake. Whats Keith Richards age? Like what? Fucking 91 or something? Those guys tour the world.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Steadfastpunk:
    Id rather see him retire in a place like the Hard Rock in Vegas playing once a week, than seeing him only playing Christmas HOB shows at disneyland.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I get what you're saying about playing all year vs xmas shows, but I don't see any difference between being the house band at Disneyland or in Vegas. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I'm just happy to catch a show when I can and not my place to give career advice. A lot of good music comes from dealing with life, on the road, at home, what have you. I just don't see a lot of creative energy coming from living fat and happy on the vegas strip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12