Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, here's the deal....

Me and a bunch of my students have formed a "band" for the school talent show. For those wondering, we are playing a Green Day song, not that it matters. Anyhoo, we are going to play a little intro as the curtains open to reveal the band. So I had an idea...play the song that Social D used to play at the opening of their shows. Problem is, I can't remember what the hell it is called!!! I want to download it and give it to the drummer so he can figure it out, but need the name. For those unfamiliar with this song, it is a very slow-paced bit that sounds like Jessica Rabbit has just walked into the room strutting her stuff...if that makes any sense. For the guitarists out there, it involves the chords D, E, A, B7. You can find it on SDSICKBOY.com from the St. Petersburg and UC Davis shows from 2005.

What the hell is this song called and who sings it!!????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you talking about the Link Wray song Rumble?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are talking about Rumble by link Wray (as Tattooed Lady pointed out). There are no words, it is an instrumental from the 50's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys. That was exactly what I was looking for.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Actually I believe it's "Road Zombie", which you can hear at www.blackkatkustoms.com

Why would you play Greenday and insult Social D, by opening up like a punk rocker? Greenday is pop music.

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ludeboy504:
    Actually I believe it's "Road Zombie", which you can hear at www.blackkatkustoms.com

Why would you play Greenday and insult Social D, by opening up like a punk rocker? Greenday is pop music.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">No, he meant their "walk-on" music... And as for Green Day; hey, they're schoolkids and besides, Green Day's a hell of a lot better than 99% of the other shit you'll hear on the radio and MTV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Fucking kids man!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a lot of respect for greenday. I remember back in like 93 or 94 when i first heard them I was hooked. They were one of the tightest 3 piece bands i ever heard. I think they continue to deliver in every thing they put out. I dont think i have ever heard a Green Day CD I didnt like. Granted, they are not one of my alltime favorite bands, but you have to admit that they have certainly withstood the test of time. A lot of bands that rose to quick stardom in the 90's have fallen by the wayside and Greenday keeps chugging along.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    I have a lot of respect for greenday. I remember back in like 93 or 94 when i first heard them I was hooked. They were one of the tightest 3 piece bands i ever heard. I think they continue to deliver in every thing they put out. I dont think i have ever heard a Green Day CD I didnt like. Granted, they are not one of my alltime favorite bands, but you have to admit that they have certainly withstood the test of time. A lot of bands that rose to quick stardom in the 90's have fallen by the wayside and Greenday keeps chugging along.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Dude, I wholeheartedly agree. I still like Green Day. Yeah, they may be considered pop music, but so are the Rolling Stones. Good music is good music regardless of how "punk" people think it is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Who gives a shit? It's what the kids want to play. I show respect for their musical interests and they do the same for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast