Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who's got the new Supersuckers album "Get it together" and what do you say?

I'm still waiting for the vinyl to arrive in the old world, but I already dig the few songs I've heard so far...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered it from supersuckers.com last week, and just got an email yesterday saying the cd was shipped. I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to listen to it. So far from the few tunes I have heard it sounds pretty good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like it a lot. I don't like it as much as MFBT though. The 3 songs from the Paid ep are included and that is a little anticlimactic seeing Paid has been out so long.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pretty much what I thought, goldenturd. I had to download the fucker since the vinyl order will probably take at least another week to europe, and I couldn't be bothered to wait.

Putting the songs from "Paid" on there really bummed me out a little, because they're not really new. but I must say, they fit into the feeling of the record.
    It's a pretty much different 'Suckers album but it reflects the development since MFBT, at least imho.
    I just told a friend yesterday, while MFBT was a record you put on and it hit you straight in the nuts from the first song to the last, "Get it together" may not generally be better than its predecessor (in terms of proper studio albums, we've seen a couple of other releases since then), but it will probably be the better one on some days when in certain moods. I think it's a record that can grow on you a little.
    And there's one last thing from me, then I'll shut my music-wise-ass-trap: Eddie Spaghetti probably wrote his absolute masterpiece in terms of "balls-out-and-tell-the-world-who's-the-man" when he wrote "I'm a fucking genius"...

can't wait for the tour in february...

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 05, 2008 02:32 AM: Message edited by: kraut ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooh!!
    Thanks for posting this I didn't even know they had a new album and I have been fiending to get some new music.
    Kinda cool the "Paid" songs are on there as well. I am a sucker for "Breaking Honey's Heart" [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]