Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Thread: To all of the Christians out there....

59Finz

Shelly: my friend stated, that it may be possible in the far South parts of Florida <shrug>?

The story came from a book called The Radical Remormission.
    Heres a description of that book's content:

"Reformation is the continual reforming of the mission of the church to enhance God?s command to reach out to others in a way that acknowledges the unique times and locations of daily life. This engaging book blends the integrity of respected theoreticians with the witty and practical insights of a pastor. It calls for a movement of missionaries to seek the lost across the street as well as across the globe.

This basic primer on the interface between gospel and culture highlights the contrast between presentation evangelism and participation evangelism. It helps Christians navigate between the twin pitfalls of syncretism (being so culturally irrelevant that you lose your message) and sectarianism (being so culturally irrelevant that you lose your mission). Included are interviews with those who have crossed cultural barriers, such as a television producer, exotic dancer, tattoo studio owner, and band manager. The appendix represents eight portals into the future: population, family, health/medicine, creating, learning, sexuality, and religion."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by regoddamndiculous:
    Shelly's lack of a sense of humor makes the baby Jesus cry... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I have an awesome sense of humor, I just don't tell a joke and then try to make people feel guilty for laughing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of my favorite quotes is by Sam Kinneson (sp?)
    "If you're not going to heaven, why miss by an inch."

To each his own. Don't you guys think it's time we put this arguement to bed?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by QCPunkRock:

It has changed. But I find people who don't want to accept it jump all over that fact without understanding it at all. There has been changes, but they've all been in the details.

For example, there's a bit of a debate going on as to whether evolution was a gradual process or occured in fits and starts.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's true, but I doubt that gradual vs. spurts evolution is what he's talking about... and I don't think those points of view matter in this case, anyway. I wasn't asking about minor details. He said evolution was completely different 20 years ago, and I just wanted to know what he thought he knew, because it's obviously wrong.

Erica Is A Man- I didn't think what I said would be taken in by anyone, especially what I said about time... I know it was little far out there for most... so thanks.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 26, 2005 08:53 PM: Message edited by: SO ALIVE ]</font>

59Finz

Just read this the other day and thought how appropriate...it's fitting for this subject.

The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences.
    -Augustine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ShellyCrash:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by regoddamndiculous:
    Shelly's lack of a sense of humor makes the baby Jesus cry... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I have an awesome sense of humor, I just don't tell a joke and then try to make people feel guilty for laughing.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Who does that?
    I think you spend so much time on the computer that you are turning into one.

*monotone comp voice* "I have an awesome sense of humor, my Mac G5 Humor processor is lightyears ahead of your feeble human intellect..."

Inactive Member Jesus was BROWN's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finz, I actually am beginning to feel sorry for you. Seriously, taking the bible to be anything other than a grossly flawed piece of fiction is sad. It's like using 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish as a blueprint for your life(ironically this would probably be a better blueprint, but I digress). If you're worried about your mortality or are afraid of what you can't control, that's understandable, but using christianity as a crutch for comforting yourself is really absurd. I think if you actually think this stuff out for yourself, you'll see that I make a lot of sense. You don't have to live your life in fear of a God that more than likely doesn't exist(and certainly doesn't in so far as the context of christianity is concerned). Seriously, as much as Republicans would try to dissuade you, thinking for yourself really isn't THAT bad. Try it out.

Jesus(I enjoy making up my own mind about things)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 27, 2005 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Jesus was BROWN ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I don't want to make toys , I wanna be a Dentist!