Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw Chuck four times.One with Danzig.The Danzing show was a total mess.Glenn himself as god of darkness was just a laugh. Chuck bearting his drums like hell. He did it also on the white light...tour here in Germany.Many people here wish him on drums cause they like his agressive style of drumming but years gone and i don't think that he's the right one for the current lineup of Social D.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree the band now sounds like a true band that has true chemistry because they do. Only bands that have been around for years build that kind of chemistry together. Social D. never had that kind of chemistry until this line-up came around.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm i like their sound with ozinn & ahhs like Bad Religion, but I miss chucks drumming.

Thy_Will_Not_Mine

I'm not a big fan of Biscuits, but I think the White Light tour was the only possible time he could have been in the band, and his drumming worked. He's an aggressive drummer, and like PainWillBe... has stated, he overplayed Social Distortion's songs during that time. But seeing as how White Light was the heaviest and most aggressive Social Distortion album, his style fit. On a related note, did anyone else notice that on the live German TV show they played that SDSickboy has on his site, Biscuits has "Bring me the head of Evan Dando" written on the drum set? What was this all about?

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by nubusfromdc:
    ...Many people here wish him on drums cause they like his agressive style of drumming but years gone and i don't think that he's the right one for the current lineup of Social D.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I agree with you there, Nubus. People say the same thing about Matt Freeman but I think while he and Biscuits may be more technical and aggresive, respectably, the current lineup really sounds like a band as opposed to four guys up there playing the same songs if you know what I mean. Matt Freeman is basically an idol of mine but I have to admit that when I saw him with Social D, his "overplaying" kind of took away from the songs, much in the same way Biscuits's did on <u>Live At The Roxy</u>- when I've seen them with Brent, they were way more cohesive.

...and to make this even more off-topic, I'll add that now in the picture on the home page of Rancid's web site, Freeman's wearing a Black Kat Kustoms shirt. Not quite a "skelli sighting" but it's something...

Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I googled that quote ("Bring me the head of Evan Dando") and there were no links to useful information in English- but there were quite a few in German that might have the answer. Maybe someone on here could check it out and tell the rest of us if it explains it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listen to some Lemonhead songs to find out the reason [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was no real reason for this. That was Chucks own idea, said Mike in an interview. " He is an unsocial guy like me". At that nite, Dando kicked against one of the cameras.

I think SxDx are a agressive, I can?t find humor in Telling Them, mlm... There is nothing wrong with the lineup now, it is sad that only Mike is there from the old days, but if you listen to Live @ the Roxy and the live dvd, you hear that the timing with Chuck and his power...it sounds better.I liked Chuck because he played in many other good Bands. Maybe he is an asshole and get kicked off.
    Could anyone tell me, where I can find Fall Behind?

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ March 04, 2007 01:39 PM: Message edited by: ludeboy_79 ]</font>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678