Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

i have spider webs on one of my elbows and i really just like the way they look. i know that tattoos mean different things to people and personally i just like they way they look. i know that spider webs means that you spend time in prison but if you ever see me in person, you'll know that i've never been.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another explanation is that the swallow is often associated with O.C life. As some of you know they migrate from orange county ( as well as other parts of the world) and sometimes return to the same nest from the prevouis season. SO perhaps its an O.C pride kind o thing. I know in San Juan Capistrano there is a annual parade celebrating the return of this bird.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any one know the site address or have some good pictures of mike ness's tats ive looked and can't find any good quality ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Little Devil Girl:
    Oh man, I'm sorry.. didn't even see that last night. **puts foot in mouth**.. blah.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

foot

lol

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always ask people why they get certain tattoos..I asked a girl one night why she had a Swallow tattooed on her neck..She said "Because I do" :~)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Swallows Inn in San Juan Capistrano is fun if you feel like Honky Tonkin.
    LDG I have to give you props for all the breakdown of lyrics, and tattoo symbology. Well done!
    One thing that bugs me about tattoos, is everybody has them now, and most people have no idea or care if there is any symbology behind them. I can't tell you how many people say I'm getting a new tattoo this weekend....oh yeah, what are you getting?.....don't know I'll pick something that looks cool off the wall or out of a magazine.....Too many people just get "insta-sleeved".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is quite true, seems like these days tattoos are definitly a trend that some people are following. But at the same time, many people have very meaningful tatoos that are of very sentimental meaning to them and I personally think that tatoos are awesome to look at and even more interesting to learn about their meanings/ signifigance. What makes them awesome is the fact that you have them forever, and if you have something that you want to remember/cherrish forevr what better way? Tatoos are a great form of expression and an even better story to tell on your body. It is true that it may be displeasing to see people that get tats just to "get a tat", but if thats why they are getting it, it is sad because just like everything else, trends fade out, just like pogs, slap on bracelets, and trading cards, and when the supposed "tat trend" fades out they will still have it there and unless it has personal meaning or sentiment, they will most likely regret it.

Inactive Member Little Devil Girl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insta-sleeve..just add water! Yeah I completely shutter at the idea of people getting inked just for the sake of being able to. The commitment involved behind tats has reflected on my opinion, lately, about getting married. You follow a trend, pick something that at the time, looks pretty or cool, maybe it would be great to show it off and it would sure as heck be a great story to tell. But then you fail to think about the long run. How will you feel about it 10 years from now? Will it still be a great badge to show off, or just another scar? Pardon me, I got a little deep. I've just had a lot to think about and I was curious if anyone else noticed the simularities? Seems to me, that now adays, a lot of people (50%) seem to forget the commitment behind both.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spouses and Tattoos! They are both a pain in the ass to get rid of!! HEHE! Actually since tattoos are still very trendy, and until tattoo removal is alot more cost efficient, I think most people would rather keep their tattoos over a bad marriage.
    The irony of it all is, the last tattoo I got was almost 5 years ago. The symbology behind the tattoo was that I left my husband, and moved to OC to start a new life. I only have 3 tattoos, and they all symbolize special times in my life, when I experienced alot of growing. As far as marriages go, I totally agree with what you are saying LDG, but it takes 2 people and you can't control the commitment level of your partner. If everyone had a deeper since of commitment, life could be much more meaningful.
    On a lighter note, this is pretty funny.....it would have made me mad along time ago...... a few weeks ago I noticed a bumper sticker that my ex-husband had, and I thought it was hysterical.
    "I STILL MISS MY EX, BUT MY AIM IS IMPROVING" [img]eek.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got to agree with you all. Most folks just get tats cause it's the latest trend and is now accepted my middle america. I also only have three but each is something I hold very dear to my own heart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast