Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hell did Ness do to his Bassman?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That all he did was replace the tubes with some sovtek's? also why do have a jumper cable from your normal channel 1 to your bass channel 2 then from bass channel 1 into your hot plate? Very badass setup man my looks almost the same only i have the tobacco burst les paul and my cab is the tv cab that is 4 inches taller actually its the one that johnny 2 bags uses.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The guitar doctor in fountain valley next to guitar center does a fabulous job on amps. I dont know about all the mods and all, but I've taken my '77 Fender Twin Reverb in there 2 times now to get re-tubed and biased and Its allways soudned great. I remember he was reasonable too.

Also, as far as trying to get Mike Ness' tone down perfectly; why do you want to do that? Be yourself man and get your own town. You can sit down with your own rig one day and litterally spend all afternoon toying with the knobs and you will find what you like and what makes you happy. Personally, I like the way Humbuckers sound better than p-90's, but thats just my opinion. As far as amps go, my favorite rig i've ever owned is by far my fender twin because its LOUD and its small and light enough to not break my back. I did the head and cab thing for a while and I hated always having to stuff it in my back seat or trunk and move everything else out. As far as tone goes, i was totally satisfied with my Marshall JCM 800 half stack. now that was a smokin rig baby!

Do a search on Youtube for social D "sometimes I do" video taken in europe recently. Mike uses a Marshall Rig on stage. I love the tone. Man, I could go on and on about this subject.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Randomname:
    why do have a jumper cable from your normal channel 1 to your bass channel 2 then from bass channel 1 into your hot plate?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">When you jump the channels, you can dial in different tones. Sometimes I run a *ABY* pedal between the two and have a poor man's channel switching amp. Set one channel for dirt(breaking up) and the other for clean or right on the edge.
    The Hotplate is between the head and the cab, it looks in the pic like it's inline with the channels, bad angle.

Like wolfpits said, half the fun is finding *YOUR* own tone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone give me the name of a good amp repairman in Orange County that wont run me a fortune?

My 69 bassman's volume pot is screwed at the moment.

Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tim Maag is amazing with amps, he actually used to be in SD for a minute, not sure how to get ahold of him, will ask Brent is I get a chance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I jumped my channels like you did to yours and it sounds so much better that way. Its pretty badass does anyone know where i can get a hot plate for pretty cheap? also i have jj6L6's i heard those are the same as sovtek 6L6's. One last thing say i have my volume on 7 the bass on 5 and the tremble on 5 is sounds pretty dirty but when i turn the bass up to 8 and the tremble up to 8 is makes it sound even more distorted rather than dirty but the volume is still on 7 does anybody else's bassman's do this? dont mean to ask so many questions it just badass that there are other people on here with bassmans

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw this today..... bassman w/marshall cab....modified by Billy Zoom.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/463602957.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I jump the channels on my Fender Twin Reverb also sometimes. Very cool trick to get different tones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'd definetely recommend just finding your own sound as LesPaul said. You're never gonna get it right, and even if you do, it'll cost you more money than it's worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast