Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you all are bunch of pompous palm muted freaks! far behind is a great tune, if you dont like it then dont listen to it.
    i agree with guitar gangsta's last comment.

peace yo!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    Imagine a little weasle fuck like me walking up to Johann Sebastian Bach in Leipzig Germany in 1730 and saying "Hey man, I really grew up listening to your Cantanas, but you are slipping. Your music lacks the variety and the feeling of your earlier works. Dont you know that one of the specific rules of counterpoint is Leaps larger than a third should be immediately preceded (if applicable) and followed by motion in the opposite direction; in short, step in the opposite direction after a leap." What da fuck Bach?

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 26, 2007 01:34 PM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I LOL'd
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, What da fuck Bach?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

true most musicians evolve, but that does not mean that fans want to evolve as well.. personally, i am not a huge fan of the post wlwhwt social distortion.. their songs are much more radio friendly, i think the lyrics do not send as strong a message and i think the band (mike) as a whole live does not really care.. live, they always play the same songs, the set is always between 15-17 songs and the price of tickets are insane based on the lenght of the performance..6 years ago tix were 20 at the glasshouse in pomona, now canada was 37 and it cost 30 in austin at stubbs.. the days of me supporting the band, buying shirts (which i think were 30 as well at the austin show) and spreding the sd gospel are over.. will i always be a fan sure.. but i will not be a promoter..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey,

I'm not saying i'm not a fan of Social D.s any more. Just saying the song would have been really amazing had some of the basic structures been more classic SD. Thats it...end of story.

Also not saying bands shouldnt evolve. SD was evolving just nicely.

Some of you guys don't realize that Social D's songs are a couple musical components away from sounding like every one else!

If you want that and support that, then hey more power to ya.

Also, for those of you who actually follow a wide range of music.....you know When a band comes out with a greatest hits CD, that does not mean good things.

IRYK

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 26, 2007 02:56 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 26, 2007 02:59 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mgeevel:
    ...the price of tickets are insane based on the lenght of the performance
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">The price of the tickets have always been cheap for social D, and they still are. Ticket prices are not always dependant on the band, as they are on the venue. Here in Vegas, at the House of Blues, Social D tickets cost me about 17 bucks. That excellent, considering I payed 60 bucks for nose-bleed seats to a Pearl Jam Concert. They played a set that was twice as long as SD's, but the tickets cost me three times as much and I could barely make out the band.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, the tickets are cheap in comparison to other bands. This is not really the problem, would you say "hey I don't need this notebook crap".. that's all right [img]wink.gif[/img] Who the f.. tells you that you've to buy the shirts if you call yourself a fan? No-one.

Far behind? I've sorted my thoughts.. Raptorschild doesn't mention something wrong, that's the same I think [img]wink.gif[/img] . But also everyone who likes the song is right [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] We all should keep in mind that the GHs are done for the masses, not for the "old" fans.
    Far behind is a bait, Thy_Will_Not_Mine wrote this and I think it's true. A radio hit that's what it is.

I wish social d. the success they wanted with this song and also with the Greatest Hits. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    I don't need it but I'm looking forward to a next studio record [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't understand why some people here call the sound of "Far Behind" unexpected. In my mind, it could have easily fitted on SL&RR, right between "Nickles And Dimes" and "I Wasn't Born To Follow" f.e..

The song itself is really nothing special, a usual Social-D hymn, it's a sweet thing to listen to whilst waiting for the new record - nothing less, but nothing more either.

Music details like palm-muting and stuff - WTF? This is Social D, they hopefully don't care that much about it. I don't think they have such a "you can't do this or you'll sound like Avril Lavigne"-attitude. If they had, they wouldn't be the band they are today.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 28, 2007 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Total13 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As soon as I read this thread, I burnt all my CDs, just in case anyone was using "palm muting" on any of them, even for a second.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That last post might be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

especially when you consider that the user lives on a huge island

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast