Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Live album, live DVD, Greatest Hits album, a solo tour with no new solo record, and now an acoustic album? Mike said he didnt want to get into the habit of repackaging his old material, but he has fallen right into that trap.

I cant say that I blame the guy for milking it, I mean hes got a family to provide for. Strike while the iron is hot, I would do the same. Nobody wants to work forever and Im sure he would like to retire one day. But an acoustic album would be pretty lame. Unless it is all new material with a few oldies mixed in (ie Cold Feelings) Sorry if that offends anybody but its just my opinion.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 16, 2008 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Jnova ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

When sketchy Bill Evans at Black Hole tells you a new album is coming out, he means he will be selling a cheaply made bootleg compilation of social d music crudely taped at some live shows on a cell phone. He will sell it for $40 bucks a piece and it will include an equally crude cover picture of Ness wearing a cowboy hat and wife beater also snapped at a live show via cell phone. He will then direct you to his display case loaded with knock off social d merch also crudely made and he will lay it out on the counter baiting you into a guilt purchase. Bill is no fool. He has actually parlayed his record store into a haven for the sale of unlicensed, unregulated stuff for years now. I wonder how much income he actually reports to the IRS?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, not thrilled either. Maybe I'll be surprised and there will be a gem or two on it. There's a live album, greatest hits, why not find one more way for us to buy the same music over again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha yup sounds like the same guy i met over in fullerton the night i played a show down there..cool ass store though just a little over priced anyone else see that original another state of mind poster if only i would of had 80 bucks on me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kustom55:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Telling Them:
    When sketchy Bill Evans at Black Hole tells you a new album is coming out, he means he will be selling a cheaply made bootleg compilation of social d music crudely taped at some live shows on a cell phone. He will sell it for $40 bucks a piece and it will include an equally crude cover picture of Ness wearing a cowboy hat and wife beater also snapped at a live show via cell phone. He will then direct you to his display case loaded with knock off social d merch also crudely made and he will lay it out on the counter baiting you into a guilt purchase. Bill is no fool. He has actually parlayed his record store into a haven for the sale of unlicensed, unregulated stuff for years now. I wonder how much income he actually reports to the IRS?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">If I was in Ca right now I would buy you a beer...couldn't of said it better myself

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that motherfucker drives a Mercedes. And everything you just stated is no exaggeration.

Inactive Member SaintofCircumstance's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i don't doubt that this guy is sketchy, but it seems a little weird that he'd wait until october to throw together a bootleg and sell it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I talked to the dude multiple times and he is a little weird, my brother lives next to Black Hole so I'm there a lot, anyways he states that he used to be in a band with Mike in the 80's, all of his stories are a little smelly from the bullshit but very entertaining at least. I used to give him old boots and trade them for T-Shirts/posters and other punks CDs like 10 years ago, them days are long gone!

As for a Social D unplugged album, if it doe's come out I'll most likely wont pay for it, but I'll sure as hell download it...

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Telling Them:
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">hahahaha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It goes full circle. Social D tours to earn income because "No one buys CDs anymore." But if they're on the road, that means they aren't recording new albums, which makes people unhappy. If they're putting out a new album, people dont wanna pay for it. Interesting. Cant blame Mike for trying to make money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast