Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: social distortion/motorhead @ the next musink show!

Inactive Member deadbeat sinatra's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is going to be the best tour ever

Mike Ness and Lemmy you can't beat that!

I'm there dude

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't care where I have to go for this, It is not to be missed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! I cannot believe this one!

Kematter

Thumbs up

If this is real. My day is ruined. Kat Von D is the worst. I can not believe Social Distortion would be associated with this money grubbing poser. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way. (I amy be though. she has a popular TV show.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Moral Threat Motorsports:
    If this is real. My day is ruined. Kat Von D is the worst. I can not believe Social Distortion would be associated with this money grubbing poser. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way. (I amy be though. she has a popular TV show.)
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Money talks, and what do you have against Kat Von D? Ive never watched her show just seen her on Miami ink and in a few magazines.

I guess this confirms our suspicions that Social D would tour again before recording another record.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gonna say, this is disapointing to me. Social Distortion + Motorhead = ? well, i don't know what it equals and i don't have enough wit to think of something that will rock your world, but it looks like the sell out wagon is coming to a venue near you. and i hate to call social d sellouts, but motorhead?

whatever happened to, "Where's little boy poison? where's bon jovi? they cut their hair...that kind of music just not for us, is it?" didn't he say something like that in his 2002-2003 HoB tour a lot? i dunno.

i guess it's easy for me to play armchair quarterback when i don't have 2 kids. but still, motorhead?! what's up with that?!?! there's no soul in that.

why do i get the feeling that we are seeing the peak of the tattoo fad when this hits?

Kematter

Your post is right on the $.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The fact that they are delaying recording to participate in this tour should leave no doubt in anyones mind. Mike is milking it for all its worth at this point. I cant say that I blame the guy, he is 46 with 2 kids and Im sure he doesnt wanna work forever.

But does he really need the money this badly? I mean they spent a good 3 years touring to support SL&R&R. They did almost 40 sold out shows in Southern California last Christmas, and without touring expenses they had to have raked in some serious cash with that alone. Then a solo tour for no apparent reason and now this.

Dont get me wrong, Im still a fan and I wont pass up the chance to see Social D, but I just hope Mike has one more great record in him before he calls it quits.

Also, its kind of ironic that Mike is participating in this tour. When he himself talks trash about the current tattoo trend and laments having them himself. Oh well, we are all slaves to almighty dollar.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 25, 2008 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Jnova ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i hate to call social d sellouts, but motorhead? whatever happened to, "Where's little boy poison? where's bon jovi? they cut their hair...that kind of music just not for us, is it?" didn't he say something like that in his 2002-2003 HoB tour a lot? i dunno.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Saw Motorhead about 10x's starting in 1980. Always lots of punks at the shows. The English punk bands all liked them. They liked speed and ferocity of their songs. Wendy O Williams the Cromags and Dropkick Murphys opened for Motorhead as well as a lot of other punk bands over the years.

Also putting Bon Jovi & Poison in the same category as Motorhead is like putting Avril Lavigne in the same category as Social Distortion.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast