Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: social distortion/motorhead @ the next musink show!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way, Lemmy was great friends with Joey and Dee Dee Ramone. The Ramones played the song "R.A.M.O.N.E.S (written by Lemmy) at their final show with Lemmy performing onstage with them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok I had to re-register just to comment on this...what is the big deal? A traveling tattoo convention with great artists...it's not that strange. And so what if Kat Von D is there, that means social d shouldn't be? hmmm ok. And then to bash motorhead and mention them with bon jovi and poison...man you are way off base. You just don't like rock n roll. Ok I'm done, hi again everyone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by golden*****:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial"> i hate to call social d sellouts, but motorhead? whatever happened to, "Where's little boy poison? where's bon jovi? they cut their hair...that kind of music just not for us, is it?" didn't he say something like that in his 2002-2003 HoB tour a lot? i dunno.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Saw Motorhead about 10x's starting in 1980. Always lots of punks at the shows. The English punk bands all liked them. They liked speed and ferocity of their songs. Wendy O Williams the Cromags and Dropkick Murphys opened for Motorhead as well as a lot of other punk bands over the years.

Also putting Bon Jovi & Poison in the same category as Motorhead is like putting Avril Lavigne in the same category as Social Distortion.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">thanks for the clarification. i'm sorry, but when i think motorhead, i think of that lame cell phone commercial with the jack black impersonator talking about "motorhead tickets."

aside from that, how many times can social d play the same 10 song setlist at these festivals. prediction for the set:

Reach For the Sky
    Highway 101
    Under My Thumb
    Don't Take Me For Granted
    Mommy's Little Monster
    Far Behind or Can't Take it With You
    Prison Bound
    Ring of Fire
    Story of My Life

Honestly, i would support this tour if they were taking time off this spring for recording/ writing and testing material to live audiences/ perfecting their songs, but i don't see that happening.

maybe i'm being too vocal here, and haven't been for a while. i'll continue to support social distortion, i mean, they're my favorite modern band. I guess i just had my hopes up for a new record this year or in 2009 and a tour like this means that the record will be more like 2010.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since it's a festival it makes sense the musical difference. and Motorhead with Lemmy at 62 will give Social D a run for their money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by HotRodder1982:
    gonna say, this is disapointing to me. Social Distortion + Motorhead = ? well, i don't know what it equals and i don't have enough wit to think of something that will rock your world, but it looks like the sell out wagon is coming to a venue near you. and i hate to call social d sellouts, but motorhead?

whatever happened to, "Where's little boy poison? where's bon jovi? they cut their hair...that kind of music just not for us, is it?" didn't he say something like that in his 2002-2003 HoB tour a lot? i dunno.

i guess it's easy for me to play armchair quarterback when i don't have 2 kids. but still, motorhead?! what's up with that?!?! there's no soul in that.

why do i get the feeling that we are seeing the peak of the tattoo fad when this hits?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">and what do you do for a living??? coach

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hotrodder you're right that cell phone commercial is lame, but don't take it out on Motorhead [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn you guys are freaking lame....just enjoy the good f0cking music and shut up lol in the end thats what its all about

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 26, 2008 03:45 PM: Message edited by: RoadZOmbie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since this is a festival does that mean they'll be playing in the daytime? 'cause i dunno if i could get out of work

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoa. Social Distortion with Mot?rhead?

From the movie Airheads:
    Chazz: Who'd win a wrestling match? Lemmy or God?
    Chris Moore: Lemmy.
    Rex: [imitating a game show buzzer]
    Chris Moore: God!
    Rex: Wrong, dickhead! Trick question, Lemmy IS God!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lame. I'm totally psyched to see Mike's solo thing in December, but I'm glad I'm not going to see the same old recycled SD setlist at this lamefest.

Although it would be kind of fun to go and make fun of all the weekend warrior bad asses showing off their new rebellious tribal tattoos.

"Hey look! That singer has tattoos like me! Damn I'm cool!"

Ok, rant over. Been a while since I've been on here. How's everyone these days?