Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: social distortion/motorhead @ the next musink show!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

will surely beat sitting home pulling my pud...go have fun and spend $$$$$ it is good for America...buy beer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Social D and Motorhead sounds awesome! Festival with probably other crappy bands and Kat von D sounds horrible, but I reserve my whining until I have more information.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for the music, I'd say it's a good billing... Social D & Head. If anyone here did their homework on Motorhead, they can see the similarities between the bands, as well as, how this tour can help with studio work. Actually a win-win for both bands.

According to Motorhead, they're more punk than rock or metal. Both bands share similar music influences- blues, rock 'n' roll, and punk. Both bands have had numerous line-up changes and challenges over the years, but still managed to keep going. Both bands believed in their music.

Tour-wise, maybe a few chats with Lemmy could help with some Social D production and studio output. Both Lemmy & Mike know they don't make money from albums, but through touring. A difference between the bands though is that Lemmy & Motorhead have managed to continue producing albums regularly all these years. How does it help Mike? How could it benefit Social D. fans??? Will it get Mike back in the studio and produce regularly? Will it get Mike to change the setlist like Motorhead does? No one will know, but I like to look at the potential positives. Tourwise, it'll also give Head a chance to tour here in the States, which surprisingly, they've been absent, abandoned, and unappreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both Lemmy & Mike know they don't make money from albums, but through touring.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">So you don't make money if you sell 1 000 000 copies in these days, right? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] Could be wrong..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

silly boy !!!!! mike ness makes enough green selling merch and by selling out the house of blues 55.0000 times in a row... where he doesn't have to really put out a new lp....because you fools on the west coast keep on buying into the social d money machine...HAHAHAHA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by KoF:
    Wow - quite a few mixed reactions. I'm a little confused about the "sell-out" cries. Makes me wonder if some people have even heard Motorhead's songs. Early Supersuckers (like "Mudhead") are straight-up Motorhead tunes. Is it because Lemmy's a Rainbow fixture? On the Poison/Bon Jovi comparisons, I don't think Motorhead was ever CLOSE to being labeled a hair band. For that matter, even Social D's videos were played on Headbanger's Ball back in the day...

Complaints because it's a music/ink festival? Seriously, you're not going to see more tats in the crowd than you would at any other Social D show. Or an Ozzfest. Or a Skynrd concert. And since when did that matter anyway? Are tattoos now too clich? for Social D fans?

I went out to Vegas to see Social D play a 45 minute set at the first Boom Boom Huckjam... A short setlist, but filled with songs I'd never seen them do live. Yes, a silly name for an event, but that's beside the point. They even shared the stage with a band who has WAY more top 40 hits than Motorhead. When that tour was going on, I didn't hear complaints about Social D playing an event with The Offspring or Carey Hart - you know, that sell-out who has a TV show set in his tattoo parlor and who was married to that pop star...

That was a little sarcastic, but I think I made my point. And I have no grudge against Pink, who was stuck in the row behind me.

The first time I saw Nashville Pussy & Supersuckers was when they opened for Motorhead. For god's sake, it's not like they're sharing the bill with Good Charlotte. And even if they were, I'd still go. I'd just occupy myself with my friend Beer.

This festival has 25 dates in about three months. Here's what I'm hoping for - perhaps Social D playing some other shows in between dates? I mean, I guarantee I'll get to the Dayton show, but if there's a SxDx concert in Columbus the day before or the day after, that makes it that much better. Maybe even the chance to hear some new material.

And what's wrong with a band working up some "road chops" before going into the studio to record?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">hell yeah i agree w/KoF.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 28, 2008 09:25 AM: Message edited by: sean13ducks ]</font>

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by lespaulplayer:
    lame. I'm totally psyched to see Mike's solo thing in December, but I'm glad I'm not going to see the same old recycled SD setlist at this lamefest.

Although it would be kind of fun to go and make fun of all the weekend warrior bad asses showing off their new rebellious tribal tattoos.

"Hey look! That singer has tattoos like me! Damn I'm cool!"

Ok, rant over. Been a while since I've been on here. How's everyone these days?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Good to hear from ya! It has been a little slow around here. I'm doing my school thing in New York. How have you been?

And this festival has sell out written all over it. C'mon Mike.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow - quite a few mixed reactions. I'm a little confused about the "sell-out" cries. Makes me wonder if some people have even heard Motorhead's songs. Early Supersuckers (like "Mudhead") are straight-up Motorhead tunes. Is it because Lemmy's a Rainbow fixture? On the Poison/Bon Jovi comparisons, I don't think Motorhead was ever CLOSE to being labeled a hair band. For that matter, even Social D's videos were played on Headbanger's Ball back in the day...

Complaints because it's a music/ink festival? Seriously, you're not going to see more tats in the crowd than you would at any other Social D show. Or an Ozzfest. Or a Skynrd concert. And since when did that matter anyway? Are tattoos now too clich? for Social D fans?

I went out to Vegas to see Social D play a 45 minute set at the first Boom Boom Huckjam, and it was an awesome weekend. A short setlist, but filled with songs I'd never seen them do live. Yes, a silly name for an event, but that's beside the point. They even shared the stage with a band who has WAY more top 40 hits than Motorhead. When that tour was going on, I didn't hear complaints about Social D playing an event with The Offspring or Carey Hart - you know, that sell-out who has a TV show set in his tattoo parlor and who was married to that pop star...

That was a little sarcastic, but I think I made my point. And I have no grudge against Pink, who was stuck in the row behind me.

The first time I saw Nashville Pussy & Supersuckers was when they opened for Motorhead. For god's sake, it's not like they're sharing the bill with Good Charlotte. And even if they were, I'd still go. I'd just occupy myself with my friend Beer.

This festival has 25 dates in about three months. Here's what I'm hoping for - perhaps Social D playing some other shows in between dates? I mean, I guarantee I'll get to the Dayton show, but if there's a SxDx concert in Columbus the day before or the day after, that makes it that much better. Maybe even the chance to hear some new material.

And what's wrong with a band working up some "road chops" before going into the studio to record?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said my good sir!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rock'n'Roll Outlaw:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Both Lemmy & Mike know they don't make money from albums, but through touring.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">So you don't make money if you sell 1 000 000 copies in these days, right? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] Could be wrong..</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">But Lemmy and Mike don't sell 1,000,000 copies of their records. Only the two major label releases went gold.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ October 28, 2008 04:27 PM: Message edited by: jen415 ]</font>