Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That food for thought website was pointless. It was a bad attempt at proving a conspiracy theory with too many supposed facts that lead in different directions.

I am not buying the it was faked bullshit. I wish it was though.

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LudeBoy:
    Politics destroyed the original punk "movement". It became the new hippy and lost everything that was great about it to begin with. Thank San Francisco, CRASS and MRR.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Politics was the original punk movement especially for the band this message board was based on. And yes it did fuel the movement when it started in New York with Television, Talking Heads, Ramones, Patti Smith etc...

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 19, 2004 06:46 PM: Message edited by: two drink minimum ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it wasn't an attempt to prove or disprove anything....just what it said "food for thought"
    info i saw on the net...and it pertained to the topic....so i guess it served it's purpose being you had an opinion about it...didn't it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by two drink minimum:
    You said Personal Politics without a capital P. Why did you capitalize it then?

Sorry I must be wrong, the Ramones were obviously good moderate boys from Greenwich Village. All those Greenwich artsy apolitical guys astound me.

I seem to remember in the Another State of Mind video, the bands explaining how punk rock was about challenging the establishment, going against Reagan, and stopping nuclear proliferation. But you must be right. I mean, you are ludeboy after all.

Note: Johnny became a Republican after punk died, while Marky remained a liberal democrat. To say politics had nothing to do with them is ridiculous. I mean c'mon Blitzkrieg Bop?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I've hung out with Johnny Ramone and believe me, he doesn't give two fucks about politics. At least in music. We were drinking and he went on about American music being the only music that matters. I would imagine that to be more cultural than political. But I must be right. I mean, I am LudeBoy after all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by LudeBoy:
    Politics destroyed the original punk "movement". It became the new hippy and lost everything that was great about it to begin with. Thank San Francisco, CRASS and MRR.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Politics was the original punk movement especially for the band this message board was based on. And yes it did fuel the movement when it started in New York with Television, Talking Heads, Ramones, Patti Smith etc...

Oh I see. So you were there. Politics meant something in the UK but not here. And SxDx? Personal Politics but not politics with a capital "P". The first American Punk band I remember being political was The Dead Kennedy's. And even they when they started, They were more Nihilist than anything. The bands you mentioned above were not political in the least. The Ramones? Bwa ha ha!!!

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 19, 2004 06:46 PM: Message edited by: two drink minimum ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You said Personal Politics without a capital P. Why did you capitalize it then?

Sorry I must be wrong, the Ramones were obviously good moderate boys from Greenwich Village. All those Greenwich artsy apolitical guys astound me.

I seem to remember in the Another State of Mind video, the bands explaining how punk rock was about challenging the establishment, going against Reagan, and stopping nuclear proliferation. But you must be right. I mean, you are ludeboy after all.

Note: Johnny became a Republican after punk died, while Marky remained a liberal democrat. To say politics had nothing to do with them is ridiculous. I mean c'mon Blitzkrieg Bop?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He tried to be the republican version of Michael Moore at the rock hall of fame. Can we kill this thread for fucks sake?

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wark:
    here is some food for thought on the topic...

http://www.infowars.com/print/iraq/berg_archive.htm
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That article wasn't as interesting as the link at the bottom detailing 15 anomalies in the video. That was pretty interesting. The orange jump suit part is particularly suspicious. I, unlike some, don't doubt that Berg was killed in the video, but the circumstances surrounding the incident are extremely suspicious.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He tried to be the republican version of Michael Moore at the rock hall of fame. Can we kill this thread for fucks sake?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You tried debateing me and you lost. I am not a Repulican by a long shot and have never been to the RnR Hall of fame. Are you jealous little guy 'cause I've hung w/ the stars? There there, Don't get so upset, it'll give you a tummy ache!

Inactive Member GretschyGreaser's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wish people would quit buying into every god damn stupid thing they see or read. Saying this shit is fake and all that without any factual investigation other than well I saw some website that said so and so said and saw this and blah blah blah..

All these theories are paranoid and if you keep buying into them you will drive yourself so fuckin crazy you will find yourself going to a white house on a hill full of nice men in white coats giving you thorazine and Aderol!

You people that post these stupid fuckin websites are the same people that fuckin think that bill gates will send you 5 bucks for sending 100 e-mails.