Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questions and comments about the various recording sessions and albums Steve is a part of.

Inactive Member SeattleDrumKing's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hass, can you tell me how I can go about being successful in my local session scene? I never know how musicians go about this. Especially in this day and age.

You have recorded with a vast variety of artists. I would have never thought you would be laying it down behind Jennifer Love Hewitt. Not to belittle her or the great drummers like Abe Laboriel Jr and Gerald Heyward seem to be doing many of those sessions, but you seem to play on more musical projects. Do you ever turn sessions down?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Steve, how often are the sessions live and how often are you overdubbing drum tracks to existing tracks?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Steve, I know you're busy with your coast to coast activies and tours. I think you may have overlooked my previous question I left a long time ago on this thread.

Anyway, there is talk on the HOD board of studio drumming being dead, and members questioning exactly how many sessions players like you get called for. The one topic drum magazines seem to avois is exactly how do musicians balance it out to make a good enough living? Can you tell me how it works for you ?