Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=n...xdZk&search=pv

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 08, 2005 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Katt68 ]</font>

Inactive Member A Katt Named Raggz's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way...I find it funny that the UK, Finland, Sweden, Italy, and Japan...have great bands with great music, yet here in the states....We have jack-shit and all his untalented bruthas putting out shitting songs with no image what-so-ever. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 08, 2005 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Katt68 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's great stuff here in the US, it's just that none of you knuckleheads listen to me when I point them out. There might be a slight image problem, I agree, but there is still some great stuff for ROCKING.

http://www.supagroup.com/ - still one of the best bands going today, IMO.

This band Pierrot is decent enough, but eh, I'd get bored by them very quick. They trade in real hooks for "quirky" stuff. There is a decent hook in there, but it isn't "complete". As for their look, yeah, O.K., but every Indie band in Japan looks just like that. I will check out more from them for sure though.

At the Supa site, be sure to check out the video for "Get Wasted". They have an image. Unlike The Darkness though, you can tell these guys live what they play.

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 08, 2005 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

Inactive Member A Katt Named Raggz's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok Ok so maybe there are a few bands in the US....but just seems lame what the Music business thinks is the fad....which is usally the terrible crap and not some band with great music that everyone is flocking to clubs to see.
    No wonder so many bands are on independent labels or doing their own thing.

Carl...I'll have to check them out when I get home...can't do it here at the moment...with bosses around...haha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have to keep in mind though that many of those Japanese bands are unsigned also. Most of the Visual scene is all Indie, and they all put out at the most 1000 CD's, total. Original releases once they are gone, they are gone. Then they fall to the boot market and the sound goes down hill. Once most of those bands finally find their way to a major, the change in the sound, look, everything, causes most fans to leave them, and they all fail. When those bands do Lives, the clubs are usually complete pits that are nothing more than a closet with lowsy sound systems.

Plus, read how many of our members here will complain that they never get to see some of the bands we have the chance to see. I don't think any country is living in a land of GREAT radio. We hear about bands such as Hardcore Superstar all the time through our connections, but I am betting that whereas they might be doing O.K. over in their home country, they probably aren't selling out stadiums.

My buddy Todd got to go to Finland back in the late 80's. He was shocked to find out that Hanoi was not HUGE in their own country. They are the only band we knew of at the time from Finland, but they were not as big as we had always percieved them to being. I'm sure the "scene" is better over there in other country's, but I don't think the masses are much different.

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 08, 2005 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Carl, Hanoi was really big in Finland in the 80's! Top of Finnish charts many a times.No foreign band was as famous as Hanoi, apart from Duran Duran. Fans of Duran Duran and fans of Hanoi were about 50/50.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? He even was on the radio over there and they let him request a song and they had to dig to find "Tragedy". This was around '89 or '90.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree. Pierrot are one of my favorite Japanese bands.