Thread: Sami Yaffa/ Jesse Malin/Paul Garisto..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! Didja know that Sami Yaffa and Paul Garisto now play in Jesse Malin's band? quite a line-up, pity about the tunezzz (Sorryyyy, that's my opinion! Used to love D-Generation) Other members are: Lomery-guitar and Christina-keyboards. I dunno who the latter 2 are??

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 08, 2005 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Sherri Sixxx ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have to agree that his solo albums are a big dissapointment after D'Generation. He must have wanted to leave that style though as he even changed the way he sang!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He started hanging with Ryan Adams. Seriously.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen Malin solo 3 times & he never fails to disappoint. Lomery is clearly an ex-glamster but I've forgotten who he was with - he did say. Christina has been in the band for ages & is a very talented pianist.

It's much mellower than D-Gen but I think his solo stuff is wicked. Certainly up my street. I can't wait for the new album & hope Sami comes on tour...

Has anyone heard Mad Juana which is Mr. Yaffa's main project these days... kinda like a much better Suicide Twins. The title acoustic voodoo kinda sums them up

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont mind the Mad Juana stuff I have heard but I still preferred D'Generation. the Jessie Malin stuff was just a bit too mellow, I just love the stuff that is full of energy nowadays. Im finding that with a lot of the old glam stuff I cant really listen to more than a few songs as its all too mid-tempo and plodding along.
    Then again, I was listening to Suicidal Tendencies and Prong when I was in the Rockit Dolls.. we even covered Metallicas Phantom Lord.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh, I find Jesse Malin stuff really depressing. I prefer to listen to my rock to get me into ggod mood, and not to make me cry!