Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Listening Booth - stuff from all of us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres the 3rd link again as I ballsed it up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XA0JFDRA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    Unfortunately I don't have the first Tornado babies here with me in French Guyana. I let it in France. I only have their ACDC cover : Jailbreak. So here is the track,
    http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...J3D249CXNXO90K

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr Creeper, finally got the Hanoi!
    Thanks a lot! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<u>Too Much Joy - Son Of Sam I Am</u>

Posting this for everybody, though mainly it's for Sandy as I mentioned that one of his new tunes reminded me of these guys, but only in the backing vocals.

Too Much Joy was an odd band. This album came out in 1988, and I loved it back then. Now days it hasn't survived as well as some have. They were unique in their sound and in their lyrics, with most songs having a strange sense of humor to them, that while "goofy", also had an undercurrent of something kind of disturbing, and I still can't figure out what it was.

They were not a Glam band, but the choruses were some of the catchiest I had ever heard. They were also one of those odd bands where the backing vocalist was much, much, much better than the lead.

If anybody likes this, I'll shoot you the follow-up album, Cereal Killers which had the decent sized hit "Crush Story" on it, which is the best thing the band ever did. That album as a whole is much weaker, but that song itself is pretty great.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...91A75L5TG76GO6

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trashlight Vision

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...B2SS9PVZR0RV3Z

Here are a few songs (3 demos, 2 album tracks and a live cover) from Trashlight Vision, J/Acey's (Vampire Love Dolls/Murderdolls) newish band. On March 13th, their debut album 'Alibi's and Ammunition' will come out in the UK and Europe on Undergroove Records. give em a listem, you might like em.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

another list of new (old) stuff i just got. most, i'd say %95, are from the late 80's early 90's with a few being from 2000 or so. since im stuck at work i even got a description for you BUT dont rag on me over them, i got the descriptions off of a music site, they are not my words. i haven't listened to any of them. (if you check heavyharmonies some of these go for a ridiculous amount on ebay) if anyone needs/wants anything let me know.

[17-17] - Skid Row and Wildside type music
    [9.0-Too Far Gone] - Take the first couple Van Halen albums, add some Black Sabbath for heavyness
    [Billionaires Boys Club-Something Wicked Comes] - metal in the vein of Ratt, Slaughter, and Dokken
    [Bombay Black] - mixture of Ted Poley, dare I say, and Tommy Paris. The music is awesome 80's style commercial hard rock, with huge choruses and hooks
    [Dream Police-Dream Police] - The singer sounds like David Lee Roth, and the music is flawlessly produced, KICK-ASS American style hard rock
    [Dream Police-Messing With The Blues] - see above
    [Emergency-Boys Will Be Boys] - combo of Whitesnake (with Vai or Sykes), Hardline, Yngwie (minus the neo-classical approach), a little Dream Theatre, Dokken, and some Tuff
    [Fastback-The Painof Beauty] - of attitude and serious rock melody.
    [Flesh] - Nuno Bettencourt's brother Paul's band. recommended CD for fans of Extreme, Electric Boys and Bulletboys
    [Heartless-Heartless] - cross between Skid Row, Julliet, and Danger Danger
    [Jane Doe-Zero to Hero] - a blend of Steelheart nd Extreme
    [Jillson - Deadly Girl] - featuring Tommy Paris from Britny Fox on vocals pre BF going by the name Don Jillson. A combo of Y&T, Autograph, and Night Ranger
    [Josette] - same style as Lee Aaron, or Chrissy Steele, or even Saraya
    [Pretty Wicked] - one of the better sleaze metal indies out there. remind me of Lancia or Wildside
    [Shannon-Shannon] - Think of early Danger Danger,Firehouse and Dokken.
    [Shotz-Shotz] - Sort of a melodic hard rock mixed with glam sound
    [Silicone Sister - Silicone Sister] - sleaze glam
    [Sledgehammer Ledge-Sledgehammer Ledge] - originally known as Legs Up. sound is in the vein of W.A.S.P.'s first release. Much harder than the average "Sleaze" band. They are really sleazy metal
    [Slyboys - Good Time Music] - mix between Danger Danger and Firehouse
    [Smokey Bandits-Wont Lick No Shoe For YOu] - great sleaze with attitude
    [SnakeRyder-DOA] - 3 parts Y&T(AJ Fedz' vocals are VERY similar to Meniketti's),1 part Cinderella,& a dash of Firehouse
    [Sonic X-Sonic X] - The sound can be compared to bands such as Guns & Roses, Whitesnake and Skid Row
    [Stun Leer - Once] - This is one of the best 90's releases. Every track is a gem, the ballads are world class power ballads, "Go, Don't Go" and "Deliver" are top quality AOR. Think Van Halen and Def Leppard
    [Surrender] - It has a sound similar to Alias, Harem Scarem, or Sweet
    [Syre-It Aint Pretty Being Easy] - This band is close to perfeccion in the sleaze glam genre! Flaunt It!: what a song!
    [Twenty 4 Seven - Destionation Everywhere] - John Corabi/Bobby Blotzer/Robert Marcello - slightly lighter fare than Corabi's Union & Scream stuff,but it still rocks

Inactive Member AdrenalineJunkie32's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to hear the Billionare Boys Club album, only heard one poor quality track (Send Your Fat Friend Home) and thought it sounded pretty good. I'll try and get some more stuff posted up myself towards the weekend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to hear that on e asl well. Theother one I'd like to hear is Dream Police - Messin With The Blues. I have the S/T one & thats great

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to hear that one as well. The other one I'd like to hear is Dream Police - Messin With The Blues. I have the S/T one & thats great

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been wanting to hear Pretty Wicked, Heartless, Sonic X and Electric ...plus the ones already listed...thanks

T