Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Listening Booth - stuff from all of us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HERE THE 2ND FILE AND IT'S ONLY SILLY BUBBLEGUMMY PUNK BUT I LIKE IT!!! IT'S ON SANDY'S HONOUR WHO STAY SHARING COOL STUFF ALL THE TIME WITH GNETERS!!! N'JOY

BEATNIK TERMITES-She's A Sensation
    CHIXDIGGIT-Melissa Louise
    QUEERS-Tamara is a punk
    KUNG FU MONKEYS-Summer School
    TWINKLES-1977

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...51SAPD3OY71A9B

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TIME FOR OBSCURE 80'S HAIRISHED GLAM BANDS COVERING GREAT CLASSIC SONGS:

DEAD CITY KLOWN-Holiday in the sun
    HOOLIGAN STEW-That's rock and roll
    JUSTINE'S ROKKET-Bring it back
    LOVELIFE-A hard day's night
    RIPT-Suspicious Minds

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...N34YBBTUBPGPCO

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

two more for ya'.

1. D Generation's Prohibition EP
    http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...3134DT19CTAXSL

"Released October, 1998
    This 3-track 7-incher was released by the band independent of Columbia Records on their own label (DGI). It contains three tracks that were recorded for, but not included on, "Through the Darkness". The first pressing consisted of 1,000 copies on pink, marbled vinyl in a picture sleve. A second pressing was mentioned at one time but was never done."

i've also included thier inclusion from the complilation "Old Skars and Upstarts" called "Dying For a Living", which does not appear on any other releases. check out Sweet Talker from the Prohibition EP, fantastic song.

2. Hollywood Brats
    http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...B0TERK7PFEUDOI

"Formed in 1972 the Hollywood Brats were Punk long before the term was invented. Dressed in make-up and women's blouses they sought to shock, whilst making the music they wanted to make."

fans of The New York Dolls should check this out. good review over at sleazegrinder
    http://www.sleazegrinder.com/flash%2...od%20Brats.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice ones guys!.....this is getting good!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100% Sandy! This is turning out to be one hell of a cool thread with some great rarities!

edit - I'll be adding a couple more tomorrow night.

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ January 02, 2006 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully Spice won't mind, but I have turned this to a "Sticky" topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dragging this back to the top.

Bill, the Mr. T one is priceless!!! LOL!!! Thank you millions for that! I haven't listened to it yet, but I just know I will LOVE it.

Inactive Member NEVER ON SUNDAY's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Junkie Superstars (1995)

The Junkie Superstars started out as a Hollywood side project, something to do for fun. It started with some members of Tragedy, Never On Sunday, and the Friends and Family that surrounded these two bands. The first show was booked as The Suicidal Whores from Outer Space, by the time the second show rolled around the name was solidified as the Junkie Superstars.

These recordings are kind of an ode to the end of the Hollywood that we all knew. Tragedy and Never On Sunday had broken up. Tragedy singer Jamie Shane had moved to Vegas and joined Bangkok Shocks, this band would also break up and Jamie would return with guitarist Rachel Christopher.
    4th2
    By this time Drugs, Drinking, and the changing musical climate brought about by the Northwest Grunge scene, was splintering to pieces a close knit Hollywood scene. Jamie and Rachel would hole up in the house on Formosa, and record with friends, to make what would be the Junkie Superstars recordings. With over a couple dozen songs recorded, the finished product would be massive compared to the output of Never On Sunday and Tragedy combined. What started as a side project fueled by the Freedoms that Success had brought some close Friends, ended up being Jamie Shane and Rachel Christopher?s main focus, as they watched their world crumble around them.
    frontcover2
    These recordings may be ?Diamonds in the Rough?, but if you listen close you can hear the sound of a heartbreaking, a love affair ending, the death of Hollywood, the end of an era. These recordings would become a testament to that time......?The End of an Era, the end of the Hollywood we knew and Loved.....?

Greg Scott
    (One of the original members of ?The Junkie Superstars?, ?Never On Sunday?, & ?Tragedy?)

Here is the first piece of those recordings, 9 songs or "One Side" of "The Junkie Superstars - Soi-distant. an impression in time of juke box hits & vinyl dreams"

download link
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7B0AP48

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ January 03, 2006 04:17 AM: Message edited by: suicide junkie ]</font>

Inactive Member NEVER ON SUNDAY's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and another one I dug up

TOUCH ME HOOKER
    Boston 1991
    touchmehooker

TOUCH ME HOOKER - LIVE IN BOSTON 1991

This music was a direct response to the current Hollywood scene at the time. Word of the Glamour Punks, Babydolls, Zeros etc.. had spread, and four kids from Boston wanted to take this music nation wide.
    Internal struggle within the group would end this quest in less than a year. The core members of the band would head west to Hollywood, playing parts in the formation of the bands Astro Vamps, Sister Morphine, Tragedy, Never on Sunday and eventually heading home to Boston to reform as Stars Underground. Singer, Pink stayed in Boston and now fronts the band Biopop.
    These Demo's were recorded Live to D.A.T. in 1991 by Chris Johnson, he would also head for the greener pastiers of Hollywood. Working with and producing the band Slamhound for years, and most recently producing the Josh Todd solo CD.

download demo
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPYDMHU2
    1. Toilet Love ( Wayne Jayne County - Cover)
    2. Daddy's 'lil Girl
    3. Rumors
    4. Broken Glass
    5. You're the One
    6. I'm Not Goin Anywhere with You

web page
    myspace.com/touchmehooker

thookerflyersm

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ January 03, 2006 04:14 AM: Message edited by: suicide junkie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greg - Can't wait for part 2 of the Junkie Superstars. And some great stuff posted there guys will have to dig out some stuff myself.