Thread: Off-topic totally: Database program??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a job interview on thursday for a job I'd really like.But I'm supposed to know a computer programme called Database for it.Uh and huh?Not being a computer expert don't have the slightest idea what it is. Does anybody have any ideas I can fake the knowledge of it??Huuuh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a program called Database or what a Database is?

a database is a generic term for a large structured set of persistent data. it is usually associated with software so you can update and query the data in the database.

here are some of the common database programs:
    access
    oracle
    sql
    mysql
    DB2
    sybase

the list is really endless.

If you let me know what database program they are using i can fill you in on it. good luck with the interview.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx Creeper.Gotta check what it exactly says in the job ad. :-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

ahh.. MySQL.. what a lovely program.. it brings back so many memories of being a web developer working on the Subaru World Rally Team web site..(www.swrt.com)..

oh the memories.. memories... memories.. ARGH GOD NO!!! where's my money?, i know it's all gone behind schedule, what? check kiniki? but this site is worth hundreds of thousands and you want me to check male underware? no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO *collapses in corner gibbering like... well.. drunken Ali*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Off-topic totally: Database program??

Quote Originally Posted by alii_69 View Post
    ahh.. MySQL.. what a lovely program.. it brings back so many memories of being a web developer working on the Subaru World Rally Team web site..(www.swrt.com)..

oh the memories.. memories... memories.. ARGH GOD NO!!! where's my money?, i know it's all gone behind schedule, what? check kiniki? but this site is worth hundreds of thousands and you want me to check male underware? no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO *collapses in corner gibbering like... well.. drunken Ali*

I completely agree with you here! By the way, now there are many updates. So you can work wonders with MySQL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you. Nowadays, you can do wonders with dbForge Studio for MySQL. As there are many updates and handy tools to work with. I myself work with this database in the company and can share useful information. For example, now you can do mysql database synchronization in minutes https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/database-synchronization.html/ In this article you can read more about it. They gave a clear and simple guide on what tools to use to speed up and facilitate synchronization.

Junior Hostboard Member albertcooley08712's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To work with databases, you will definitely need tools that will make your work easier. There are many good updates to be found now, for example I was recently able to find in an article about database compare tools compare two sql server databases. I recommend that you also take a look, you will learn a lot of new things here and, perhaps, this will help you in your work in the future.