Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off, a MASSIVE thankyou to everybody that sponsored me competing in the Microsoft UK Challenge. Over the last 4 days I have run, biked, canoed across some of the most beautiful parts of Scotland I have ever seen. 2 Member of my team even ran from sea level to a checkpoint that was almost at the summit of Goat Fell on the Isle of Arran (850m)

Between the 115 teams that took part, we have raised ?430,000 for the NSPCC! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

We royally messed up the first stage incurring a 2 hour penalty which started us in 89th place out of the teams that turned up (125 were due to compete).

From here we worked hard and with some extreme biking and some hard running we clawed our way back up the table and finished yesterday in 12th position!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Without the 2 hour penalty we would have finished 5th If we had managed that then we would have been 30 minutes from a time that qualified to take part in the World Team Challenge on Malta this year! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Stage descriptions and some fetching photos! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Next year we are going to he Yorkshire Dales :thumb:

And on that note, I'm going back to bed for another few hours! [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 03:29 AM: Message edited by: SJ_Skyline ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well done fella, I feel a bit guilty now coz all I've done all weekend is drink lager and watch football (of sorts) good on ya

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

You stupidly energetic B'stard [img]wink.gif[/img] well done, & Johnny ignore him we'll have our own slobmiester competition gang (bet we get more members that Skyline). [img]wink.gif[/img] Seriously Well done mate [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Top idea, I'll get in training