Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"THE FOX - AN ENDANGERED SPECIES"

As some of you may be aware, The Intrepid Fox is going through a period of uncertainty regarding its future as one of the few remaining icons of the London alternative scene.
    Due to continued and relentless re-development of the west end, we find ourselves under new owndership.
    Unfortunately we have to announce that we will be closing on Monday 11th September.
    The Intrepid fox will continue to live, whether it be in the present venue or elsewhere.
    We have been overwhelmed by the depth of support, the messages of encouragement, received towards our efforts to maintain the spriit of rock n roll alive in Soho...to you, we express our thanks...
    We would liek to invite you to our `leaving` party on SATURDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER....be a part of history............
    Although passionate about the subject ourselves, we wish to present a credible response to our new owners, and ask that our regulars direct their energies towards positive action ; any are welcome to become our friends on myspace where we shall shortly inform you of the part YOU can play in the campaign to ensure that the fox survives the hunt..."

Add the intrepid fox NOW on myspace :

www.myspace.com/intrepidfox

January Begent

Please REPOST this! Let everyone know and let`s see what we can do about it!

Marshy

Unhappy

Man thats a crime .. me and the rest of the Tattooed Love Boys ( Circa 1992 ) were regulars at this fine establishment .. great place & top times ! .. wish you the best of luck in the future .. (Sniff..) "Im not crying, ive just got something in my eye.." ( sniff..)

X- Marshy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I heard that some time ago. My source actually said it will close, cos the new owner ain't too keen on having a metal/rockbar, but is keen to make more money than the Fox does at present...But ah who knows, too many sources on info, we'll just have to wait and see...Its a real pity, tho. And as we know from previos experience, the closing of rock venues will mysterically always reduce the numbers of rockers in London town... Oh, there is a new rock/metal bar in Camden, by Mick (who some of you may know from The Fox and elsewhere). It's at G-Lounge in Camden,and its called Monstabar or something. Open every night. Myself am not too keen, as Camden is a helluva journey from East London where I live..And Monstabar is never too busy, even tho its tiny.
    Ah well

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Sherri Sixxx ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, not been up to the G-Lounge since the Robin Black after-show, back in April. I hope things go well for Mick, and I'm sure Joolz will keep getting the local talent down there too.

PS. JackViper are there on Saturday, supported by Sweet Seduction. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thought this was going to be the usual rumoured shutdown that's been doing the rounds for years. Surprised it's happening - it's always been rammed on the few occasions I've been (I was more a part of the Royal George era).

Expect another faceless Soho bar in its place. Maybe it's time to reclaim The Ship ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like this is the real deal. Apparently the new owners plan to turn the building into flats.

There's now a petition online at;
    http://www.gopetition.com/online/9488.html

I preferred the Royal George too, back in the day. Was always good for a beer on Wednesday night before trotting down to the Hippodrome or up to Busby's.

The Fox is still rammed full at the weekend, but is also a bit of a tourist attraction sometimes. The Ship seems to be the place where the older crowd (old punk/skinhead types now pushing 40+) tend to hang out.

It'll still be a shame to see the Fox go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the news today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5328200.stm [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think a lot of people are going for a final beer there tonight, if anyone's up for it?

Rumour has it the BBC News crew could be there for a report around 6ish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was last night the final night of the Fox? Did it all end in one big chaotic mess?

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Gunstone ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, last nite was the last. Dunno what may have jhappened there or not, apart from that it was a private party. Hopefully they will find a new pub soon to relocate to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast