Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. An amazingly sad situation...Some sick fuck hacker got into nicoth and basically melted down Laurie Faith's entire baby. How unbelievably pathetic.

While there were some undeniably vindictive and shallow people trolling the site, there were MANY more thoughtful, passionate, and creative people using the site to further their companies, shows, careers, etc. It was also great enjoying the interaction on the message board, in addition to seeing dozens of shows going up every month in the Chicagoland area.

I hope Laurie Faith decides to bring the site back, but after some of the ugliness of the past couple months regarding M.O.S. and now this hacking business, I wouldn't be surprised if she decided it just wasn't worth the headache.

It's exactly the same as putting up a show. One bad seed, and the whole team suffers. Only this time, it's criminal. I hope they find the culprit and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I hope that she decides to put the board back up. I checked it every day. Every role that I ever got, with the exception of the first one, was a result of me seeing it posted on Nicoth, and that is because someone told me ABOUT Nicoth DURING the first show.

Please put the board back up Laurie Faith!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On Laurie Faith's (Nicoth) web site, she states, "...I will determine if the Chicagoland community of theatre lovers really appreciates (Nicoth)". I DO appreciate it. Maybe it is time for those of us who do to tell her so. What are we willing to do to enable her to keep her site up? Donate time? Money?

I will spearhead the committee. If you want to see Nicoth back up, e-mail me ([email protected]). Also, tell me how you can assist her.

If we all are able to put shows up that involve hundreds of people and tens of thousands of dollars, the least we can do help put the site back up that tells us where to audition and when opening night is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

8-11-08. It's down again, is trouble brewing again?

HB Forum Owner Craig T Gustafson's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As of today (August 12), Nicoth is back up.