Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Halloween Fundraising Night

This is a list for everyone concerned - I have put your name next to things that concern you. If there are still things to do ? I have put Help Needed at the end of the paragraph.

Running Order of Plays

Don to Compere introduction to plays

8pm ? 8.05 Billy Bat ? Vanessa Zandani

8.05 ? 8.15 My Kind Jay & Irene
    (music introduction ? 7 last words from the Cross, Lighting, 1 spot minimal lighting placed between the characters, At end of the play RED lights up and then total blackout ? heavy metal music to end ? Jay bringing Tuesday 16th Oct)

8/15 ? 8.25 The Village People Helen and Patrick
    As yet I do not know if this play will happen. It has not been rehearsed and so may be pulled out which will be a shame cos script is good. Lighting/soundsetc to be agreed if this is to go ahead. Entrance and exit to be sorted. Helen to sort and confirm if this play will still go ahead. Do you want prompting due to short rehearsal time?

8.25 ? 8.35 Jack the Slipper Lorna/Kelly/Helen
    Music? Lighting? Props? Peter I think these are all sorted with you. Entrace and exit?

8.35- 8.45 Into the Light Jonny Ward
    Jonny, I am assuming this is sorted sound and lighting and props wise?

8.45 ? 9.00 Mirror Man Anne/Jay/Mick
    I am assuming lighting/props/costume/sound is all sorted for this.

9.00 - Film ? Fright Club Del/Don
    Peter and Sam suggested a white back cloth again to project this on. I am assuming this is all in hand.

Don to end with a short bit of compere-ing.

10pm Raffle ? compere by Don

If anyone wants their script/scene introducing see Don and tell him what you want him to say. I do not think this is necessary but if you want it let him/me know.

Dress rehearsal and final run through of show from start to finish will happen on Tuesday 24th October at 7pm till 9pm or later since technical stuff can take a while ? be prepared with costume props etc.

We are having the black wings put up on the stage so entrances & exits may change ? bear this in mind!

Other things for everyone to consider.

Music ? general entrance music & party stuff ? scary stuff ? I have some general classical stuff from films and will pass this to you Peter. What else do you all want? What about the party stuff? If you want music bring it ? the studio does not own its own music so we need to supply it for Peter.
    Peter is getting a recording session together with the studio so we need all stuff by next Tue 16th Oct /Wed 17th Oct latest. Help needed.

Costume ? everyone needs to be in some sort of costume for when they come off the stage. So think about what you want to be ? wizard/warlock/cousin It / witches/ whatever you want to be Actors can be seen before the performance from 7.30 till 7.45 then everyone back stage to keep continuity of the show. Those not in plays /helping with stage stuff ? can stay out front to welcome any late comers etc. Help needed.

Our original idea for the show was for people to enter a real horror/Halloween scene met by creepy people taking ticket money or raffle money ? so we still need people on the door. \it would be great if we had people in character at the beginning of the night to welcome people into the studio.
    There will also be scary punch with things in it ? I think Cath or Cath L said they are mean punch makers so it would be great if we could have a green and red punch with eye balls in it or something like that. We want someone who can serve this up and obviously some punch bowls & some sort of ladle to serve it up with would be great! Help needed.

Prizes We have a few prizes already, Knives ? which was a great one, A meal for 2 at Al Syros, we are getting some tickets for the cinema if anyone has bottles they don?t want or anything else a bit Halloween or creepy that would be great. Help needed.

Tickets and publicity (start telling your friends now!!!)? Jonny Ward is putting these together ? obviously we need people to come. We will hand out tickets for you to give to friends. We will only let people in if they bring the ticket and pay on the door. Preferably in Fancy dress ? so tell all your friends, family, the strange people who live next door etc. This is a fundraising event. Help may be needed for Jonny.

Decorating the studio. We need to do this and un decorate (EH???) at the end of the night ? this should not take too long. Jonny what are our plans here? Do we need to open the studio early ? will ? hour do it?
    Decorations themselves ? if you have anything bring it. Jonny?s mam may make us some stuff. Can anyone be here early to help with this? (Before 7pm on 31st October) Pumpkins/lanterns/anything remotely Halloween to add to the ambience would be great. Help Needed.
    Money ? there is some money available for props, generally I would say try to find your own fancy dress costume. If it is costume for your play then if you need money for this see me ? keep all receipts, the costume will then belong to the Peoples Theatre and will need to be given in to us the next week.

These people said several weeks ago they could get the following things:-

Cath L and Kelly ? Prizes ? in progress of getting them (Cath L I have yours)
    Patrick ? Potatoes as lanterns ? need to check with Sam if we can have them ? think they should be okay. Sam has mentioned some glass lanterns.
    Don ? Scary photos to hang up ? Don it would be great if these could have scary names under them ? will leave this up to you.
    Claire ? was doing tickets ? this is now with Jonny? Also some lanterns and tealites.
    Mick - Food ? nibbles only ? crisps/nuts/pickled onions ? someone has suggested some scary Halloween sweets ? some fang teeth or something which might be good.

I will not be there Tuesday coming due to filming at Stranton Ctr but will be at Studio after 9pm. So any questions for me ? Please ask me.

We want this to be an excellent night for everyone ? including us doing the work ? the more organised we are the better and more we can just enjoy the night.

I hope I have covered everything ? I am starting to cackle already as my mind boggles.

Thanks for reading cx

PS After Halloween event I propose at least 1 weeks break then we will start the work in progress. If anyone wants to run a workshop to help us arrive at a good play we can perform next year or couple of plays ? or just to get our inspiration going/have a theme in mind ? let me know. The work in progress depending on numbers of people interested may be rehearsed at Stranton or Lynnfield centres ? I?ll keep you posted.

I'll hand out all this in hard copy when I see you all.

xx [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi claire, i think me and kelly going to get together and do some pumpkins
    michelle

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All good stuff.. working on more pictures.

Don't think the film will be ready.

But I would end the night with a song if required.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All good stuff.. working on more pictures.

Don't think the film will be ready.

But I would end the night with a song if required.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,
    Thanks Claire for posting this. Very comprehensive - I'm sure everytging will come together. Mick, Cath L, I believe are bringing nibbles and food but I'm sure we can getv stuff out of the budget. Remember to keep your receipts peeps.
    Tonight, I'm gonna prepare some words etc for the compere (Don) to say at the start and to intorduce the raffle etc.
    See ya later
    Jony