Hi all

Just to let you know, even though our last impromptu meeting seemed to resolve many issues, it appears there is still unrest within the group. The feed back last night was very much lack of direction...
Ultimately we are all there to act, my interpretation was the group on the whole wanted to concentrate on workshops over the foreseeable future to hone skills etc, but it seems not having an end product to aim toward is just as dis-illusioning as having a main purpose.

The general consensous was that ultimately the scripts put forward in their current state are not inspiring enough. That's not to say with a bit of tweeking they couldn't be workable. Jonny very much indicated that he would like us to perform more established plays. I share that opinion, however I do also see the value of using our home grown talent.

I am therefore proposing to organise workshops which will run over three weeks. The aim of these workshops are to introduce the general steps of "groundwork" to get a play up and running. Also to evaluate the roles of directors and actors alike. I believe this will be of tremendous help to the group at large...

My intended schedule is as follows:

Tuesday 13th Mar - Workshop Unsure of content as yet, but will arrange something... unless someone has any burning desire to run this one... - run by Cath L
Tues 20th Mar - Del and Don to complete their film - run by Del
Tue 27th March - Steps towards performance / script analysis - run by Cath L
Tues 3rd April - Steps towards performance / directors and actors roles / script breakdown - run by Jane Starling
Tues 10th April - Steps towards performance / characterisation - run by Jane Starling

Just to let you know, Jane Starling a has
performance arts related degree, has had huge experience in the National Youth Theatre as well as various experience in both theatre and television and film, performance as well as backstage
production.

I am confident that this will be a massive boost to everyone's skills set and I hope you will all show support and attend.

Cheers
Cath