Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Survivor,by Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

Tender Branson-Phillip Seymore Hoffman (gay guy in Boogie Nights)

Fertillity Hollis- Chloe Sveigny

The Social Worker- Sigorny weaver (Alien)

Agent- Kevin Spacy

Adam Branson- Christian Bale

---------------------------------------------

Which character of any novel do you identify the most with?

------------------
    In the near future, you can imagine every big evening will begin hours earlier with you getting sucked on by different appliances, each of them making some part of you bigger for a few hours. The whole evening will then be a race to get naked and accomplish some lovin? before your parts snap back to their original sizes. -Oragami Lips

"Buona femina e mala femmina vuol bastone"- Nietzsche

(Good and bad women want a stick)

[This message has been edited by Tyler Durden (edited April 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tyler Durden (edited April 28, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Miral-yes. I had this friend who was really into romance novels, the really graphic ones. I, never had read one had to see what the fuss was all about. I picked one out in the library and sat down at a set of tables where all but mine were filled. I flipped through it and one of the more graphic scene that I've ever read popped out. I couldn't help but turn three shades of red and hoped that no one noticed what I was reading.
    I put the book back too quick and picked up some music bio. Safe reading.

Tyler- Hmmmm...good question. I can't really identify with anyone character completely. There are some parts of certain characters that I see in myself. Like; Peter Pan's desire never to grow up, Ralph from "Lord of the Flies" and sense of fairness and order. While, I can feel for Tyler Durden's need to rebel and bring chaos in order to make sense onto himself, I also have Hamlet's melonchoy....I can go on forever....but I won't.
    ---------------------------------------------
    What is your favorite fairy tale? Why?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Little Mermaid.
    The origional version, as written by Hans.
    I can't stand the disney version.
    I love the way that the little mermaid grows from somebody who doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants (leaves her family behind, etc), into someone who would rather sacrifice her own life, rather than hurt someone who hurt her (unintentionally). I can relate to the underlying theme, about how we are responsible for ourselves, and even though you love someone, that doesn't mean that they will love you. It's (of course) very sad, but much more realistic (in terms of human behavior) than most fairy tales. And it's coached in terms that a child really can relate to...

Hmm...

WHY do you write?

For me, it's a good way to release a lot of negative stuff (which is why most of my poetry has a basis in depression), or to bring some sort of meaning to my everyday existance (but you guys haven't read THAT stuff yet, or maybe some of what I'm doing on the STP board is related to that)....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I write because of my creative energy needing an outlet. I can't paint, my drawing sucks somewhat. Ah well... I write for the pleasure it brings. I write because it good practice.

Somebody asked something about public readings. I do it whenever I can, anytime, anywhere. Why? It's a good way to test and see how people react to my writings.

Dano: I'm fully aware that On the Road may not have a plot. But this is why I'm a big fan of the book. I have a dream about riding cross country and I was able to live that through the book. Not only that, but I see it as a friendship bonding thing. It what I wished I could share with my best friend but we were never able to find the time and the money to just pick up and go. Through that book, I was able to imagine what it may have been like. (minus the stealing cars from under cops noses and just being able to talk girls into the bed and all that stealing gases from gas station though I do think it needs to be stolen these days esp. if they're over $1.50 per gallon.) But you got your opinion.
    *albeit however a sucked opinion heh*
    Dano: What that?
    I just said see how cute this cat is? heh...

ahem the question:
    What book had inspired you to make the most of your life?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Makes Me Wanna Holler by Nathan Mcall.

Whose writing style do you hate the most?

------------------
    In the near future, you can imagine every big evening will begin hours earlier with you getting sucked on by different appliances, each of them making some part of you bigger for a few hours. The whole evening will then be a race to get naked and accomplish some lovin? before your parts snap back to their original sizes. -Oragami Lips

"Buona femina e mala femmina vuol bastone"- Nietzsche

(Good and bad women want a stick)

Dano

Lightbulb

Hhhmmm... tough to pin down. Kerouac drives me nuts. So does Wm. Burroughs. And then of course there's the 'journalists' involved in periodicals such as People and Us magazines. Oh, there's so much hate balled up inside me, I can't direct it properly.

If there was a book that you could spend one day as an active participant in, what would it be?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Lions of Al-Rassan... (Guy Gavriel Kay)

The characters in that book are SO cool... Funny, tragic, human, and larger than life, but also very down to earth...

Sci-Fi/Fantacy, or true-to-life fiction (in general, and why)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Either one. I liked Brave New World and 1984 those, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy I plan to start reading, are about as sci-fi as I get.

Who is your favorite antagonist?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Steven King's the Walkin' Dude from The Stand... *shivers*

-----------------------

What book did you last get lost in?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gone with the wind (if you can believe that). great story. sucked me in like a hoover. though inspired by (and in many ways paralleling) war & peace, i consider it the definitive american epic.

which gives me an idea for the next question:

what is the great american novel (that is, if it's even been written yet)? my picks are the aforementioned GWTW or catcher in the rye. what's yours?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast