Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In fleshing out characters, I've sometimes found it helpful to take one of those ubiquitous internet personality surveys and fill it out on the character's behalf.

Of course, now that I've already written "ubiquitous," I can't seem to find one of those surveys anywhere. So here's one of my own devising. If you write fiction, try filling it out for one of your characters. If you don't, try filling it out for a character from published fiction you've read and liked (or just fill it out for yourself). Feel free to post your results.

(btw: some characters would, of course, answer some questions with lies. don't forget to note that if it happens)

take care

---jones

Name?

Nickname?

Age?

Gender?

Occupation?

Parents?

Siblings?

Favorite school subject?

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'?

Have you ever been charged with a crime?

Who's the Devil?

Is meat murder?

Music?

Book?

Movie?

Seriously though, is meat really murder?

Favorite game?

Sexual position?

Ever been in a fight?

Are you a Christmas geek?

What's less funny than a rubber chicken?

Do you like surprise parties?

Quote?

Is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy?

Ever had a broken bone? If not, what do you think you've been doing wrong?

Do you vote?

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat?

Customized or original factory condition?

Fish on Friday?

If you had to have sex with someone of a gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with?

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal?

Worst teacher you ever had?

Best lawyer you ever had?

Most you've ever eaten?

Ever killed a living creature?

Ever saved a life?

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten?

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you ddo indeed have your head up your ass?

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!)

Religion? (Please, don't answer! This is the obligatory rhetorical question!)

First car you drove & car you drive now?

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking?

Secret you will take to your grave?

------------------
    "what Marie's not gonna do"
    new chapters in Works & Days
    a punk rock romance in words, music & art
    http://www.freehomepages.com/worksanddays

Dano

Lightbulb

For some reason, I felt the need to do this for my brother. Jake.

Name? Joseph Michael

Nickname? Jake

Age? 24

Gender? Male

Occupation? I frame pictures.

Parents? Mary Jo & Mike

Siblings? Traci & Danny

Favorite school subject? Art

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'? Shop was ok

Have you ever been charged with a crime? Yes

Who's the Devil? Tom Osborne

Is meat murder? No

Music? the Faint, Bright Eyes, Pablo's Triangle

Book? The Grapes of Wrath, Black Like Me

Movie? Fight Club

Seriously though, is meat really murder? Fuck No!

Favorite game? Pool

Sexual position? Missionary

Ever been in a fight? Several, want to hear about them?

Are you a Christmas geek? No

What's less funny than a rubber chicken? Your butt

Do you like surprise parties? No, not really

Quote? (this one was hard, i'll have to get back to you)

Is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy? Worst enemy

Ever had a broken bone? If not, what do you think you've been doing wrong? I've broken a lot of bones.

Do you vote? Yeah

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat? Have their parents killed.

Customized or original factory condition? Original factory

Fish on Friday? No

If you had to have sex with someone of a gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with? Tom Osborne

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal? Jimmy Carter

Worst teacher you ever had? Mrs. Gowens, 3rd grade

Best lawyer you ever had? My sister

Most you've ever eaten? Wow, a LOT.

Ever killed a living creature? Not on purpose

Ever saved a life? Yes

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten? Zeke

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you do indeed have your head up your ass? No, because what the fuck does my mom know?

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!) My brother

Religion? (Please, don't answer! This is the obligatory rhetorical question!) Fuck no!

First car you drove & car you drive now? I don't drive.

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking? Phish (haha you little bastard, I know your secrets!)

Secret you will take to your grave? (this one's tough too. my mom is convinced that Jake held me down once in elementary school so other kids could beat me up, but I don't remember any of that. but, I suppose if it were true, this would be the one.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Pretty useful questionnaire, jones. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Name? Christina Marie

Nickname? Canz, Wizzard, Bellydancer, Bufflo, Pixie, Stix, Bissy, RissRena and many more you dont need to know.

Age? 19

Gender? Female

Occupation? Data Entry Through Verbal Receitation.

Parents? 3. Father Marcus Donald, Mother, Laura Lynn, Former Step Father, Mark Anthony

Siblings? 5. 2 half sisters, Layla and Angela, 2 Step brothers, Niki and Mark, 1 Step Sister Amy.

2 almost step brothers, Clery, And Coleman. 1 Almost step sister, Cale.

Favorite school subject? History, Philosphy, Pyschology, And English.

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'? Poetry, Web Design, And Graphical Manipulation.

Have you ever been charged with a crime?

Charged? Yes. Convicted? No.

Who's the Devil? You are.

Is meat murder? Yes. Meat = Food

Music? Always.

Book? Sometimes

Movie? On occasion.

Seriously though, is meat really murder?

Perhaps.

Favorite game?

Asshole. (It's a card game)

Sexual position?

Up against the wall mother fucker... er um. I'm a virgin.

Ever been in a fight?

Fist or wordS? Fist. Not exactly. I don't consider self defense fighting with ones fists. And as for words, I was on the debate team in high school for 3 years, what do you think?

Are you a Christmas geek?

I'm a geek, and I celebrate Christmas, so maybe.

What's less funny than a rubber chicken?

Squirting me with a squirt gun.

Do you like surprise parties?

NO.

Quote?

An Image can be created and changed. A religion can be adopted or converted, Feelings can alter in the heat of a moment, but you are always you from the moment you breath life until the moment you die, no matter who you pretend to be. - Chrissy

Is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy?

The best lover you ever have will be a stranger, an enemy and your best friend in equal meassure.

Ever had a broken bone? If not, what do you think you've been doing wrong?

I've always had the commen sense to be a klutz, but never enough sense to be a total idiot.

Do you vote?

For what?

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat?

I'd laugh and throw one right back.

Customized or original factory condition?

Pipe Cleaner or Kleenex. The world may never know.

Fish on Friday?

I'f I'm bored.

If you had to have sex with someone of a gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with?

I'm bi, and I have a thing against making love to an animal, so I guess I'd have to say seducing a man of the cloth.

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal?

Oh.... the glory...

Worst teacher you ever had?

Was the one that wouldn't let me get away with doing only half my best.

Best lawyer you ever had?

I've never had one.

Most you've ever eaten?

Was more then enough.

Ever killed a living creature?

Yes.

Ever saved a life?

Yes.

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten?

Valleys, Rivers, and Houses.

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you ddo indeed have your head up your ass?

No.

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!)

My teddy bear

ummmmmm.

First car you drove & car you drive now?

I can't drive.

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking?

If I told you, wouldn't that sort of make this question a lie?

Secret you will take to your grave?

I don't know, I'm not dead yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Name? Roy

Nickname? None

Age? 33
    Occupation? Maintenance Mechanic(part-time)/Student (yes, it is an occupation)

Parents? Mother, Patricia/ I've met my father , but haven't seen him since I was about 5/ Stepfather who helped my mom raise us until I was about 15

Siblings? Brother, Bob

Favorite school subject? Math/Science

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'? Native American History/ They didn't cover the native perspective much in school. Funny how that happens when you get to set up the education system. I've read a bit about this subject out of personal curiosity. Long before Dances with Wolves came out and people were briefly interested in the non-European viewpoint. My paternal grand father left a reservation to become assimilated to mainstream American culture.

Have you ever been charged with a crime? Yes

Who's the Devil? Some character created to scare people into behaving morally.

Is meat murder? If God hadn't wanted us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste so good.

Music? Think Aerosmith and all the hair bands they influenced in the early to late 80's

Book? Right now my favorite is still Neuromancer, but I could read Lord of the Rings over and over.

Movie? Star Wars

Seriously though, is meat really murder? Seriously, I have no problems with eating former living creatures. Hell, I'm sure I'd eat another human being if I were hungry enough.

Favorite game? Life, not the board game.

Sexual position? Any time I get laid is an accomplishment, let's not get picky here.

Ever been in a fight? Yes.

Are you a Christmas geek? No, I'm not a big fan of this holiday.

What's less funny than a rubber chicken? Howard Stern

Do you like surprise parties? No, not really.

Quote? "You can paint a garbage can platinum, but it's still a garbage can."

Is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy? With a stranger it can be awkward...afterwards. I've never had sex with my worst enemy, but there was a co-worker that I absolutely hated working with. If we had to do an assignment together it had to be done her way or she wouldn't do it. There were other reasons I didn't like her much when I was working in that department. I was just grateful that I wasn't married to this bitch. Sex with her was great. Overall I'd have to say sex with your best friend is the best. I've learned that sex is special and should be shared between people that care about one another. Otherwise it feels kind of empty for some reason.

Ever had a broken bone? A couple toes, ribs, wrist, nose.

Do you vote? Yes, but I'm starting to wonder if it really matters anymore.

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat? I'd throw snowballs back at them...after putting rocks in them.

Customized or original factory condition? Original.

Fish on Friday? I don't like fish. I would have fasted on Fridays if I were raised strictly Catholic.

If you had to have sex with someone of a gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with? Elvis, yeah I'd fuck Elvis.

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal? Jimmy. biggrin

Worst teacher you ever had? Mrs. Lackey, a French teacher that I had in high school. I'd been kicked out of my original high school 3/4 of the way through my sophmore year and ended up finishing the year with her as a French teacher. She was considerably older than the other French teacher I'd had. She also tried to embarass me in front of the rest of her class the day after I'd transferred in. She was also my homeroom teacher so I would see her everyday for role call before her second period class. After roll call, I'd go have a cigarette and end up cutting her French class. Would even leave my book in the classroom and go pick it up later in the day and have a chat with her. She was a really nice person. Just didn't like her teaching style. I told her she could go ahead and fail me because I'd pretty much lost interest in the stupid language and would probably never go to that country anyway.

Best lawyer you ever had? Richard Hove. I was waiting in court one day and the judge had recessed to the back chamber. Mr. Hove came in late, as usual. He asked me where the judge was, so I told him, in back. He looked at me, with all seriousness and told me, "I better go wake him up." And wandered off into the judges chamber.

Most you've ever eaten? I'm sure it was after getting the munchies. I don't smoke pot anymore, but I do remember some creative cuisine after smoking out with friends.

Ever killed a living creature? Yes.

Ever saved a life? One of my mom's boyfriends went into insulin shock while I was the only one home. I just did what you're supposed to do when a person has a seizure. I doubt if I saved his life, contrary to what he might believe.

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten? I don't recall drawing much in kindergarten. I do remember that they would let me skip nap time to go read with the first graders though. In retrospect, I should have taken those naps when I had the chance.

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you do indeed have your head up your ass? No, I'm pretty aware of when I'm not thinking coherently, and don't really need people to point this out. I usually just keep my mouth shut in these instances.

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!)Okay.

First car you drove & car you drive now? I drove my dad's pick-up truck when my brother and I went to visit him in Wyoming. Yes, back when I was 5 years old. Now I drive a '77 Chevy ElCamino. I bought it to put stuff in and haul around, not for show, or to lay chicks like Pres. Clinton.

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking? I liked Prince back in the early 80's, but I'd admit that. Ummm...Poison! Yes, that hair band from the eighties. Whether you like their music or not , I must mention that the drummer is very cool. A few years ago he and a friend were pushing a comic book they'd put together. He came to a comic book convention in Oakland and I brought along a friend of mine who was absolutely ga-ga over this band when she was a teenager. Not only did he pose with her for a number of pictures that I took, but we'd asked him if he'd be there the following day and sign some stuff if we came back. Here in California you're not allowed to smoke indoors anymore. We'd gone outside to smoke with this drummer the previous day and decided to hang out in the same spot so we wouldn't have to pay to go back into the convention. When he did come out to have a cigarette we asked him if he'd sign our stuff. He said he didn't have a pen and went back inside to get one. When he came out he brought us dealer's passes from his booth so we could get into the convention for free. He is pretty much down to earth and easy to talk to. I've met local band members with bigger attitudes and less reason to have them.

Secret you will take to your grave? I voted for Ross Perot. Twice!

Now you can go ahead and throw shit since I'm not really a writer and don't have any characters I'm working on. I just thought jones asked some interesting questions.

[This message has been edited by JaceSan (edited November 04, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool, will come in handy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I was bored, so I posted these questions at another board seperate from hostboards. I'll post their answers here. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Answered by: masampson1000

Name? Matt Sampson
    Nickname? Masampson, Kid Matt

Age? 14, 15 january 3rd

Gender? I have a peepee

Occupation? student

Parents? 2 biological parents

Siblings? Em0

Favorite school subject? mmmath. not the teacher though.

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'? music.

Have you ever been charged with a crime? i was stopped for skateboarding in the road once. actually twice.

Who's the Devil? George Dubya Bush.
    Is meat murder? only if its not for food.

Music? rock!

Book? The Giver

Movie? Edward Scissorhands and Mallrats

Seriously though, is meat really murder? yes...

Favorite game? Outburst Junior or Risk, depends on my mood.

Sexual position? Grumpkins (ewww...)

Ever been in a fight? not since 6th grade.

Are you a Christmas geek? hehe, yes...

What's less funny than a rubber chicken? i think you mean "whats more funny than a rubber chicken" which would be nothing of course.

Do you like surprise parties? i dunno.

Quote? "punkass"

Is the "S" word best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy? worst enemy, they get violent.

Ever had a broken bone? sick.

If not, what do you think you've been doing wrong? not trying hard enough to fall on my board.

Do you vote? not legally.

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat? Tell them that Jesus hates them.

Customized or original factory condition? original recipe of course.

Fish on Friday? i dont eat on a schedule.

If you had to have babies with someone of a gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with? umm....my dog i think.

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal? Jesse of course.

Worst teacher you ever had? Ms. McCaffrey in Geometry.

Best lawyer you ever had? Chewbacca

Most you've ever eaten? 500 chicken wings.

Ever killed a living creature? ants, yes.

Ever saved a life? Maybe in some way.

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten? Kitties.

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you ddo indeed have your head up your ass? yes.

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!) music.

First car you drove & car you drive now? none.

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking? Keith Sweat.

Secret you will take to your grave? i'm in love with girlwithglasses.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Posted by: Hell*Nation

wow, this is disparingly long. At least I have some free time here.
    Name? Brian

Nickname? Pablo

Age? 18

Gender? I'm a man (na-na-na-na)

Occupation? living off of kickbacks and cheap wine. Or, i don't work, if you prefer.

Parents? I have three. Two dads, one mom. No fool, I wasn't conceived from two dads. Don't ask me to elaborate more on this, it's too strange.

Siblings? once again, I have three. one sister, two brothers. I'd name them, but then they'd have to kill me. sorry, thems the breaks.

Favorite school subject? English

Favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin'? punk rock.

Have you ever been charged with a crime? naaa.

Who's the Devil? the Devil takes many forms. so to answer, i have no clue.

Is meat murder? yeah, I guess it is.

Music? yes, it is good. sorry for being very vague, I just don't want to answer three questions with: punk rock.

Book? The Far Side 10th Anniversary by Gary Larson. Who needs to buy it when you can just walk into the chiropractor's office and read it for free? They're not bold enough to kick me out, even though I'm not a customer. haha, wussies.

Movie? Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke

Seriously though, is meat really murder? YES.

Favorite game? video game wise, since I don't play any other kinda games, Tony Hawk 2 it is.

Sexual position? errrr. if I ever get that far, I'll tell you.

Ever been in a fight? but of course.

Are you a Christmas geek? I "celebrate" it, so I suppose so. But I'm all for free shit for a religion I'm not a part of.

What's less funny than a rubber chicken? my joke material. I might have to actually write some "A" material, instead of using this "C" material. Even less funnier than that, making myself sound like a comedian.

Do you like surprise parties? to be simple, yes. Surprise anything is good.

Quote? "I ated-ed the purple berries" - Ralph Wiggum

Is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend or worst enemy? how about with all three at once. that works.

Ever had a broken bone? If not, what do you think you've been doing wrong? nope. I'm a tough muthafucka, that's all.

Do you vote? but of course. I endorse the pity vote system. Voting for you most definitely know who is going to lose.

If you were a nineteenth century captain of industry, what would you do when the ragamuffins on the street corner throw snowballs at your stovepipe hat? If i had a stovepipe hat, nothing would bother me.

Customized or original factory condition? errr, original factory condition.

Fish on Friday? I eats what I wants when I wants.

If you had to have sex with someone of a
    gender outside your usual sexual preference, who would it be with? What's with the sex questions? Why am i asking questions instead of answering them?

Of Jimmy Carter, Gloria Steinum or Jesse Jackson, who would you place in supreme command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal? Jimmy Carter. That guy's a pimp.

Worst teacher you ever had? the one that sent me to the principal's office for looking up dirty words in the dictionary in fourth grade. If I want to look up "sex" and "buttocks", then I should be entitled to that right! I hate America.

Best lawyer you ever had? Never had any.

Most you've ever eaten? I am not good at citing precedent for these purposes. But most likely, anytime I get Chinese takeout.

Ever killed a living creature? if bugs count, why yes. nothing else though.

Ever saved a life? I once jumped in front of someone shooting a gun at my friend. I didn't know the other guy was shooting blanks. April Fools Day indeed.

What did you draw pictures of when you were kindergarten? don't remember. I do remember this fat kid eating everyone's lunches though. wait, that was Kindergarten Cop. oops.

If everyone including your mom were to tell you you have your head up your ass, would you check to see if you do indeed have your head up your ass? well, no actually.

Who can you not live without? (don't think about it!) a little thing called punk rock. wait, punk rock is a thing, not a person. bah, that's my answer and i'm stickin to it.

Religion? (Please, don't answer! This is the obligatory rhetorical question!) rhetorical, eh? 8!

First car you drove & car you drive now? Nissan Sentra. I'm not really driving now though. Driving sucks fat nuts.

Musical artist you used to like but don't admit to ever liking? Cheap Trick perhaps.

Secret you will take to your grave? If it was a secret I'd plan on taking to my grave, then I'd surely not admit it here. Puh-lease!

I apologize for the bad jokes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Replied to by: miss modern

name: kira.

nickname(s): cookie, bear, lady, tootsie pop, bean, kiwi, poison ivy, magenta

parents: two...mummy and daddy-o

siblings: i'm an only child

favorite school subject: english, photo, spanish, history

favorite subject outside of all that thar book learnin': philosophy, sociology, music

have you ever been charged with a crime: yes. convicted: no.

who's the devil?: elizabeth hurley.

is meat murder?: for food, no.

music: every waking hour of the day.

book: anything by emile zola, crime and
    punishment by dostoevsky, the phantom tollbooth by norton juster

movie: pretty in pink, la dolce vita

seriously, though, is meat really murder?: yes.

favorite game: operation, jeopardy!

sexual position: hmm...wouldn't you like to know

ever been in a fight?: verbal, yes. physical, no.

am i a christmas geek?: oh yes.

what's less funny than a rubber chicken?: a whoopee cushion.

do i like surprise parties?: only if it's really a surprise.

quote: 'the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.'
    -unwound

is sex best when it's with a stranger, best friend, or worst enemy?: best friend.

ever had a broken bone?: yes. it was not a fun experience that i'd like to share, either.

do i vote?: i would if i was eighteen.
    i would have them working for me full time in my factory. ha.

customized or original factory condition: customized.

fish on friday?: no, but i am supposed to be catholic, and my dad used to do that.

sex with someone outside gender of my usual preference: hmm...i'm thinking...

gloria steinem.

worst teacher: my AP european history teacher last year. he hated me until i got a 5 on the AP.

best lawyer: i've never needed one, so i cannot say.

what did i draw pictures of in kindergarten?: rainbows and my family.

most i've ever eaten: after i got back from a school camping trip three years ago i ate quite a bit because i didn't eat for four days.

ever killed a living creature: yes. spiders that scare the hell out of me.

ever saved a life: i've tried to.
    no.

who can i not live without?: my friend david.

religion: not answering.

first car i drove: a chevy cavalier...and i don't have a car now.

musical artist i used to like but never admit to liking: prince. let's go crazy.

secret i will take to my grave: if i told you, i wouldn't be taking it to my grave, now would i?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast