Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

He got off the bus at around 3 in the afternoon, he looked up closed his eyes and breathed the air. It was far from fresh but it was the city and he new he was home. he flaged down a cab and got in, "brook street please" he said flatly the driver noded and pulled the car into the street. he fliped a coin in his hand and read the back side:
    "I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go, and did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing, and reluctantly accepted the thought of eturnal loneliness....should I fail. I have seen the face of terror, felt the cold sting of fear, and enjoyed a moment's love, I have cried ,pained, and hoped...but most of all, I have lived times others would say were best forgoten, at least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier."
    He let out a sigh and placed the coin back into his pocket. think about all he had done and all the things he had to do. So many ways he could go now that he was free of that place. tears started to well up in his eyes but he pushed them back and forced himself to clear his mind. the cab stoped at brook street and he paid the driver and got out. the trailer home was the same as always, 3 cars in the drive and flowers all over the yard, mom always loved plants. he walked up to the door and pulled out his key, he walked in and sat his bags on the floor, then walked to the living room. "mom , dad I'm home " they looked up and saw him and smiled as they got up to greet him. they looked so much older than the last time he had seen them. had it really been 7 years? somehow it didn't feel that long. he kissed them and told them he needed some rest, he had been on a bus for the last 26 hours. they agreed and he went to his room and shut the door. on his bed was his old stuffed dog. he had named him George. he smiled and took his clothes off, and got into bed, he drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face and george in his arms.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like this. Nice feel. I'd check some of the spelling a some punctuation to make it flow a little easier.

I especially liked the ending.