Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sometimes I drive out of the way to remember where we walked together that night
    when I?m serenely stable I slow down at the places where we parked and fucked
    it makes me laugh out loud twice to repossess these recollections
    half-way happy and sometimes sad, I know there were publics pulling my skin to pieces during those years so I resolve to retrieve only the good facets of free-falling the way I did for quite a time
    we wanted to share blood and birth and giving up
    we wanted what was easy to find but precarious between the fingers inside the palm
    we wanted sand from some silly beach that would never want to save our lives
    we wanted love within the body around the heart to build the wall that would keep the world on only one side
    you left a bump underneath my lung that throbs in your absence from time to time, my breath constricts and vision blurs to let you pass through me like the bursting flame of a match that quickly dies to dispel sweet smoke
    sometimes I get high just to watch your embers inside me gasp for air, its only in brief instances that I imagine allowing them to gain ground in the space I have saved for you in my present weakness
    but I usually sleep to rub the ashes to soot before your memory builds wells behind my eyes
    sometimes I am scared and sorry still but other times I?m breathing steady
    for tonight I?ll sleep.

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this peice was... powerful. That's what came to mind, time and time again after having read it.
    Just, powerful.
    Nice work.